Hosemann warns of scam involving Compliance Services
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 25,2013
JACKSON — The Secretary of State’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding a company called Compliance Services, which has apparently been soliciting businesses across the state.
In what appears as an official correspondence, Compliance Services requests businesses to provide sensitive information and a check for $125. In return, the company would prepare an “Annual Minutes Requirement Statement.”
“Compliance Services is not registered as a corporate entity in Mississippi,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “The phone for this organization has been disconnected, and its mailing address is a UPS box in Flowood, Miss. As always, I encourage Mississippi corporations to utilize extreme care in the disclosure of sensitive information.”
The solicitation correctly states, “This product has not been approved or endorsed by any government agency and this offer is not being made by an agency of the government.”
However, there is no “Annual Minutes Requirement Statement” form required by the Secretary of State’s Office.
“This Agency does not require the submission of such information with the State of Mississippi and opposes the collection of such information for public dissemination,” adds Hosemann.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years