Hosemann warns of scam involving Compliance Services
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 25,2013
JACKSON — The Secretary of State’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding a company called Compliance Services, which has apparently been soliciting businesses across the state.
In what appears as an official correspondence, Compliance Services requests businesses to provide sensitive information and a check for $125. In return, the company would prepare an “Annual Minutes Requirement Statement.”
“Compliance Services is not registered as a corporate entity in Mississippi,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “The phone for this organization has been disconnected, and its mailing address is a UPS box in Flowood, Miss. As always, I encourage Mississippi corporations to utilize extreme care in the disclosure of sensitive information.”
The solicitation correctly states, “This product has not been approved or endorsed by any government agency and this offer is not being made by an agency of the government.”
However, there is no “Annual Minutes Requirement Statement” form required by the Secretary of State’s Office.
“This Agency does not require the submission of such information with the State of Mississippi and opposes the collection of such information for public dissemination,” adds Hosemann.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip