Shipbuilder lands Crowley contract for roll-on/roll-off vessels
Published: November 26,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine, Inc. has secured an approximately $350-million contract with Crowley Maritime Corporation to build two container roll-on/roll-off ships.
The company says the vessels will be built at the Pascagoula facility with construction beginning the first half of 2014, and deliveries in mid- and late-2017.
The Sun Herald reports the vessel design is provided by Wartsila Ship Design.
VT Halter Marine recently placed a floating drydock into service providing repair for oil field support vessels, barges, coastal ships and U.S. government vessels, semi-submersible drilling rigs and other Panamax-size ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders