Shipbuilder lands Crowley contract for roll-on/roll-off vessels
Published: November 26,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine, Inc. has secured an approximately $350-million contract with Crowley Maritime Corporation to build two container roll-on/roll-off ships.
The company says the vessels will be built at the Pascagoula facility with construction beginning the first half of 2014, and deliveries in mid- and late-2017.
The Sun Herald reports the vessel design is provided by Wartsila Ship Design.
VT Halter Marine recently placed a floating drydock into service providing repair for oil field support vessels, barges, coastal ships and U.S. government vessels, semi-submersible drilling rigs and other Panamax-size ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators