Shipbuilder lands Crowley contract for roll-on/roll-off vessels
Published: November 26,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine, Inc. has secured an approximately $350-million contract with Crowley Maritime Corporation to build two container roll-on/roll-off ships.
The company says the vessels will be built at the Pascagoula facility with construction beginning the first half of 2014, and deliveries in mid- and late-2017.
The Sun Herald reports the vessel design is provided by Wartsila Ship Design.
VT Halter Marine recently placed a floating drydock into service providing repair for oil field support vessels, barges, coastal ships and U.S. government vessels, semi-submersible drilling rigs and other Panamax-size ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions