Shipbuilder lands Crowley contract for roll-on/roll-off vessels
Published: November 26,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine, Inc. has secured an approximately $350-million contract with Crowley Maritime Corporation to build two container roll-on/roll-off ships.
The company says the vessels will be built at the Pascagoula facility with construction beginning the first half of 2014, and deliveries in mid- and late-2017.
The Sun Herald reports the vessel design is provided by Wartsila Ship Design.
VT Halter Marine recently placed a floating drydock into service providing repair for oil field support vessels, barges, coastal ships and U.S. government vessels, semi-submersible drilling rigs and other Panamax-size ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast