Shipbuilder lands Crowley contract for roll-on/roll-off vessels
Published: November 26,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine, Inc. has secured an approximately $350-million contract with Crowley Maritime Corporation to build two container roll-on/roll-off ships.
The company says the vessels will be built at the Pascagoula facility with construction beginning the first half of 2014, and deliveries in mid- and late-2017.
The Sun Herald reports the vessel design is provided by Wartsila Ship Design.
VT Halter Marine recently placed a floating drydock into service providing repair for oil field support vessels, barges, coastal ships and U.S. government vessels, semi-submersible drilling rigs and other Panamax-size ships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal