KEEPING OUR EYE ON … Sophie McNeil Wolf
Published: November 29,2013
Sophie McNeil Wolf says she has wanted to be a writer since she was a little girl.
“My godmother used to always say that I had to be the first to know it and the first to tell it,” Wolf says. “I’ve always been interested in people and their stories. I’m a creative person that’s always been drawn to pictures, video, and other types of media.”
As the marketing coordinator for Millsaps College in Jackson, Wolf handles official photography, social media, general advertising, special projects and copy writing assignments for the college.
“There are so many great stories to tell at Millsaps. From lectures to performances, great faculty and students — Millsaps is very unique in the heart of Jackson. We also have a very strong business school, which is a powerful combination with the liberal arts experience.”
The Madison native earned a journalism degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and has previously worked for the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau and several local and national publications including the Dow Jones News Group.
In addition to her work in higher education, Wolf and her husband operate “Find It In Fondren” a community magazine highlighting new dining, entertainment and small business stories in the Jackson neighborhood. In her spare time, Wolf enjoys cooking, crafts, and furniture shopping and is an active member of Broadmeadow United Methodist Church.
Wolf advises young professionals to sign up for as many internships as possible, especially while still in school. “Networking, making contacts, and building your portfolio before you get out in the workplace is a must these days.”
— By Stephen McDill
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on