KEEPING OUR EYE ON … Sophie McNeil Wolf
Published: November 29,2013
Sophie McNeil Wolf says she has wanted to be a writer since she was a little girl.
“My godmother used to always say that I had to be the first to know it and the first to tell it,” Wolf says. “I’ve always been interested in people and their stories. I’m a creative person that’s always been drawn to pictures, video, and other types of media.”
As the marketing coordinator for Millsaps College in Jackson, Wolf handles official photography, social media, general advertising, special projects and copy writing assignments for the college.
“There are so many great stories to tell at Millsaps. From lectures to performances, great faculty and students — Millsaps is very unique in the heart of Jackson. We also have a very strong business school, which is a powerful combination with the liberal arts experience.”
The Madison native earned a journalism degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and has previously worked for the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau and several local and national publications including the Dow Jones News Group.
In addition to her work in higher education, Wolf and her husband operate “Find It In Fondren” a community magazine highlighting new dining, entertainment and small business stories in the Jackson neighborhood. In her spare time, Wolf enjoys cooking, crafts, and furniture shopping and is an active member of Broadmeadow United Methodist Church.
Wolf advises young professionals to sign up for as many internships as possible, especially while still in school. “Networking, making contacts, and building your portfolio before you get out in the workplace is a must these days.”
— By Stephen McDill
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit