Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District
Veteran educator and National Education Association board member Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District administrative team. Gilbert currently serves as coordinator of teacher leadership and special projects at CPSD.
Gilbert is one of nine members of the NEA executive committee and a past-president of the Mississippi Association of Educators. He began his education career as a Mississippi studies and world geography teacher and coach at Sumner Hill Junior High from 1996-98 and then moved to Northwest Rankin High School as a Mississippi studies and economics teacher and head basketball coach from 1998-2000. He then taught world geography and Mississippi studies at Sumner Hill Junior High, and coached boys basketball, football and boys and girls track from 2000-2004. He was hired as assistant principal of Carver Middle School in Hinds County in 2004, and the next school year he returned to Clinton to serve as assistant principal at Clinton High School. His educational experience includes bus driving while working in Rankin County and substitute teaching with the Jackson Public Schools.
Gilbert holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and an education specialist degree from Mississippi College. He is a member of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, National Association of Secondary School Principals and Phi Delta Kappa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force