Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District
Veteran educator and National Education Association board member Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District administrative team. Gilbert currently serves as coordinator of teacher leadership and special projects at CPSD.
Gilbert is one of nine members of the NEA executive committee and a past-president of the Mississippi Association of Educators. He began his education career as a Mississippi studies and world geography teacher and coach at Sumner Hill Junior High from 1996-98 and then moved to Northwest Rankin High School as a Mississippi studies and economics teacher and head basketball coach from 1998-2000. He then taught world geography and Mississippi studies at Sumner Hill Junior High, and coached boys basketball, football and boys and girls track from 2000-2004. He was hired as assistant principal of Carver Middle School in Hinds County in 2004, and the next school year he returned to Clinton to serve as assistant principal at Clinton High School. His educational experience includes bus driving while working in Rankin County and substitute teaching with the Jackson Public Schools.
Gilbert holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and an education specialist degree from Mississippi College. He is a member of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, National Association of Secondary School Principals and Phi Delta Kappa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma