Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District
Veteran educator and National Education Association board member Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District administrative team. Gilbert currently serves as coordinator of teacher leadership and special projects at CPSD.
Gilbert is one of nine members of the NEA executive committee and a past-president of the Mississippi Association of Educators. He began his education career as a Mississippi studies and world geography teacher and coach at Sumner Hill Junior High from 1996-98 and then moved to Northwest Rankin High School as a Mississippi studies and economics teacher and head basketball coach from 1998-2000. He then taught world geography and Mississippi studies at Sumner Hill Junior High, and coached boys basketball, football and boys and girls track from 2000-2004. He was hired as assistant principal of Carver Middle School in Hinds County in 2004, and the next school year he returned to Clinton to serve as assistant principal at Clinton High School. His educational experience includes bus driving while working in Rankin County and substitute teaching with the Jackson Public Schools.
Gilbert holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and an education specialist degree from Mississippi College. He is a member of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, National Association of Secondary School Principals and Phi Delta Kappa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’