Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District
Veteran educator and National Education Association board member Kevin Gilbert has joined the Clinton Public School District administrative team. Gilbert currently serves as coordinator of teacher leadership and special projects at CPSD.
Gilbert is one of nine members of the NEA executive committee and a past-president of the Mississippi Association of Educators. He began his education career as a Mississippi studies and world geography teacher and coach at Sumner Hill Junior High from 1996-98 and then moved to Northwest Rankin High School as a Mississippi studies and economics teacher and head basketball coach from 1998-2000. He then taught world geography and Mississippi studies at Sumner Hill Junior High, and coached boys basketball, football and boys and girls track from 2000-2004. He was hired as assistant principal of Carver Middle School in Hinds County in 2004, and the next school year he returned to Clinton to serve as assistant principal at Clinton High School. His educational experience includes bus driving while working in Rankin County and substitute teaching with the Jackson Public Schools.
Gilbert holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and an education specialist degree from Mississippi College. He is a member of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, National Association of Secondary School Principals and Phi Delta Kappa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters