Pearl River’s Ann Moore receives multiple honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 29,2013
Dr. Ann Moore recently received two honors from her peers in the counseling profession. Moore, director of the Counseling, Advisement and Placement Center at Pearl River Community College, received the College Counselor of the Year Award from the Pine Belt Counseling Association, a division of the Mississippi Counseling Association.
The MCA presented Moore with an award for “excellence in counseling, authenticity, compassion and advocacy” for her work in the Mississippi Community/Junior College Counseling Association.
Moore is a member of numerous professional organizations and currently is president of the MCJCA. She is a past president of the Mississippi Vocational Counselors’ Association and past secretary/treasurer and vice president of the MCJCA.
Moore has been at PRCC for 34 years after three years as an elementary school counselor and psychometrist with the Lamar County School District. She was PRCC’s career-tech counselor from 1980 through 2007 when she was named to her current position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal