Pearl River’s Ann Moore receives multiple honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 29,2013
Dr. Ann Moore recently received two honors from her peers in the counseling profession. Moore, director of the Counseling, Advisement and Placement Center at Pearl River Community College, received the College Counselor of the Year Award from the Pine Belt Counseling Association, a division of the Mississippi Counseling Association.
The MCA presented Moore with an award for “excellence in counseling, authenticity, compassion and advocacy” for her work in the Mississippi Community/Junior College Counseling Association.
Moore is a member of numerous professional organizations and currently is president of the MCJCA. She is a past president of the Mississippi Vocational Counselors’ Association and past secretary/treasurer and vice president of the MCJCA.
Moore has been at PRCC for 34 years after three years as an elementary school counselor and psychometrist with the Lamar County School District. She was PRCC’s career-tech counselor from 1980 through 2007 when she was named to her current position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19