Pearl River’s Ann Moore receives multiple honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 29,2013
Dr. Ann Moore recently received two honors from her peers in the counseling profession. Moore, director of the Counseling, Advisement and Placement Center at Pearl River Community College, received the College Counselor of the Year Award from the Pine Belt Counseling Association, a division of the Mississippi Counseling Association.
The MCA presented Moore with an award for “excellence in counseling, authenticity, compassion and advocacy” for her work in the Mississippi Community/Junior College Counseling Association.
Moore is a member of numerous professional organizations and currently is president of the MCJCA. She is a past president of the Mississippi Vocational Counselors’ Association and past secretary/treasurer and vice president of the MCJCA.
Moore has been at PRCC for 34 years after three years as an elementary school counselor and psychometrist with the Lamar County School District. She was PRCC’s career-tech counselor from 1980 through 2007 when she was named to her current position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement