Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter