Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club