Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete