Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
by Associated Press
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer