Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game