Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast