Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways