Mayor mulling establishment of local film commission
Published: December 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says he is in the process of establishing a local film commission to recruit filmmakers to the Natchez area.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the city has several residents who have connections to the film industry who could compose a local film commission that would be the “cream of the crop” in the state. Brown declined to name the residents he is considering for the commission, which he said is still in the “discussion stages.”
Brown said he was considering creating a film commission even before the announcement that the James Brown biopic “Get On Up” would be filming in Natchez. Jackson native and “The Help” director Tate Taylor is directing the film, which will wrap shooting in Natchez on Dec. 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- $134M proposed for 10 BP-funded oil spill recovery projects
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson