Polymer Institute assists local manufacturers
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 2,2013
Tags: economic development, education, higher education, InnovateMEP, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Polymer Institute, plastics, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Polymer Institute provided technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies yielding $3.6M in direct financial impact and resulting in the creation of 22 new jobs in Mississippi, according to data compiled by InnovateMEP Mississippi during survey period Quarter 3 2012 – Quarter 2 2013.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of InnovateMEP Mississippi, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest InnovateMEP Mississippi Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses. We look forward to the continued success of MPI in the future with small and medium sized manufacturers.”
The Mississippi Polymer Institute serves as the industrial outreach entity for the University of Southern Mississippi. Its mission is to support the growth of high tech businesses across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access