Polymer Institute assists local manufacturers
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 2,2013
Tags: economic development, education, higher education, InnovateMEP, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Polymer Institute, plastics, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Polymer Institute provided technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies yielding $3.6M in direct financial impact and resulting in the creation of 22 new jobs in Mississippi, according to data compiled by InnovateMEP Mississippi during survey period Quarter 3 2012 – Quarter 2 2013.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of InnovateMEP Mississippi, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest InnovateMEP Mississippi Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses. We look forward to the continued success of MPI in the future with small and medium sized manufacturers.”
The Mississippi Polymer Institute serves as the industrial outreach entity for the University of Southern Mississippi. Its mission is to support the growth of high tech businesses across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years