Polymer Institute assists local manufacturers
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 2,2013
Tags: economic development, education, higher education, InnovateMEP, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Polymer Institute, plastics, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Polymer Institute provided technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies yielding $3.6M in direct financial impact and resulting in the creation of 22 new jobs in Mississippi, according to data compiled by InnovateMEP Mississippi during survey period Quarter 3 2012 – Quarter 2 2013.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of InnovateMEP Mississippi, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest InnovateMEP Mississippi Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses. We look forward to the continued success of MPI in the future with small and medium sized manufacturers.”
The Mississippi Polymer Institute serves as the industrial outreach entity for the University of Southern Mississippi. Its mission is to support the growth of high tech businesses across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force