Polymer Institute assists local manufacturers
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 2,2013
Tags: economic development, education, higher education, InnovateMEP, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Polymer Institute, plastics, university, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Polymer Institute provided technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies yielding $3.6M in direct financial impact and resulting in the creation of 22 new jobs in Mississippi, according to data compiled by InnovateMEP Mississippi during survey period Quarter 3 2012 – Quarter 2 2013.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of InnovateMEP Mississippi, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest InnovateMEP Mississippi Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses. We look forward to the continued success of MPI in the future with small and medium sized manufacturers.”
The Mississippi Polymer Institute serves as the industrial outreach entity for the University of Southern Mississippi. Its mission is to support the growth of high tech businesses across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics