Defense awards $3M contract to Camgian Microsystems
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 3,2013
Tags: Camgian Microsystems Corporation, Cerberus, computing, federal government, military, Rapid Innovation Fund, SENTEL Corporation, software, SRI International, Standard Ground Station, technology, U.S. Army, U.S. Department of Defense
STARKVILLE — Camgian Microsystems Corporation has received a $3-million contract award from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) as part of its Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF) program.
The award, the company’s second RIF program award, will fund advancements to Camgian’s low-power, networked sensor technologies and support integration with the Army’s Standard Ground Station (SGS) and Cerberus system.
Through this contract, Camgian will collaborate with SRI International and SENTEL Corporation to further advance the technology.
The RIF program is designed to accelerate innovative technologies, primarily from small businesses, into military systems that resolve DOD operational challenges. The program goals support DOD’s emphasis on rapid, responsive acquisition and the engagement of small, innovative businesses in solving defense needs. The Defense Authorization Act established the program in 2011, appropriating $200 million for this year. More than 2,200 white papers were submitted in response to the request for proposals. From those white papers, only 86 proposed projects were funded, including Camgian’s project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy