Industrial Timber expanding plants in two cities
by Associated Press
Published: December 4,2013
SHANNON and RIPLEY — Industrial Timber, a manufacturer of wood furniture frames, is expanding operations at its facilities in Shannon and Ripley.
The company announced that the expansions represent a $1.5-million corporate investment and will create 80 new jobs.
Industrial Timber says it is adding a new manufacturing line at both facilities to meet the needs of Jackson Furniture, a motion and stationary furniture manufacturer that recently located operations in two existing northeast Mississippi facilities. Jackson Furniture will enlist Industrial Timber as its preferred vendor.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications and workforce training. Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for workforce training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years