Industrial Timber expanding plants in two cities
Published: December 4,2013
SHANNON and RIPLEY — Industrial Timber, a manufacturer of wood furniture frames, is expanding operations at its facilities in Shannon and Ripley.
The company announced that the expansions represent a $1.5-million corporate investment and will create 80 new jobs.
Industrial Timber says it is adding a new manufacturing line at both facilities to meet the needs of Jackson Furniture, a motion and stationary furniture manufacturer that recently located operations in two existing northeast Mississippi facilities. Jackson Furniture will enlist Industrial Timber as its preferred vendor.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications and workforce training. Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for workforce training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager