Industrial Timber expanding plants in two cities
Published: December 4,2013
SHANNON and RIPLEY — Industrial Timber, a manufacturer of wood furniture frames, is expanding operations at its facilities in Shannon and Ripley.
The company announced that the expansions represent a $1.5-million corporate investment and will create 80 new jobs.
Industrial Timber says it is adding a new manufacturing line at both facilities to meet the needs of Jackson Furniture, a motion and stationary furniture manufacturer that recently located operations in two existing northeast Mississippi facilities. Jackson Furniture will enlist Industrial Timber as its preferred vendor.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications and workforce training. Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for workforce training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen