Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2013
NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in Northeast Mississippi might encounter delays as a wide load moves through the area tomorrow.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Barnhart Crane & Rigging, which will move a boiler assembly from West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The load is 22 feet wide, 12 feet high and 208 feet long. This 444,000-pound wide load will be moved on 20 axles. Local law enforcement will escort the load to the destination. The wide load will move along Highway 45A and Highway 45 to the Tennessee State line.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide