Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2013
NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in Northeast Mississippi might encounter delays as a wide load moves through the area tomorrow.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Barnhart Crane & Rigging, which will move a boiler assembly from West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The load is 22 feet wide, 12 feet high and 208 feet long. This 444,000-pound wide load will be moved on 20 axles. Local law enforcement will escort the load to the destination. The wide load will move along Highway 45A and Highway 45 to the Tennessee State line.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner