Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2013
NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in Northeast Mississippi might encounter delays as a wide load moves through the area tomorrow.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Barnhart Crane & Rigging, which will move a boiler assembly from West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The load is 22 feet wide, 12 feet high and 208 feet long. This 444,000-pound wide load will be moved on 20 axles. Local law enforcement will escort the load to the destination. The wide load will move along Highway 45A and Highway 45 to the Tennessee State line.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years