Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2013
NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in Northeast Mississippi might encounter delays as a wide load moves through the area tomorrow.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Barnhart Crane & Rigging, which will move a boiler assembly from West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The load is 22 feet wide, 12 feet high and 208 feet long. This 444,000-pound wide load will be moved on 20 axles. Local law enforcement will escort the load to the destination. The wide load will move along Highway 45A and Highway 45 to the Tennessee State line.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program