Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2013
NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in Northeast Mississippi might encounter delays as a wide load moves through the area tomorrow.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Barnhart Crane & Rigging, which will move a boiler assembly from West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The load is 22 feet wide, 12 feet high and 208 feet long. This 444,000-pound wide load will be moved on 20 axles. Local law enforcement will escort the load to the destination. The wide load will move along Highway 45A and Highway 45 to the Tennessee State line.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center