Supervisors open bids — again — for new jail
Published: December 4,2013
PASCAGOULA — The Jackson County Board of Supervisors will open bids for a new 750-bed county jail tomorrow.
The Sun Herald reports the bids are expected to be in the range of $30 million including fixtures and some furnishings.
The structure will include room for 60 additional beds.
Last summer, the county threw out all the bids it received on the jail, fired the design firm and started anew with the bid process and another firm to manage the design.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image