Supervisors open bids — again — for new jail
Published: December 4,2013
PASCAGOULA — The Jackson County Board of Supervisors will open bids for a new 750-bed county jail tomorrow.
The Sun Herald reports the bids are expected to be in the range of $30 million including fixtures and some furnishings.
The structure will include room for 60 additional beds.
Last summer, the county threw out all the bids it received on the jail, fired the design firm and started anew with the bid process and another firm to manage the design.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Nissan supplier efforts key to more Miss. output
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Business Person of the Year: Joe Sanderson Jr.
- Mississippi poultry industry's hub system behind today's success
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- TODD SMITH'S SPIN CYCLE: Top 10 toy brands that won holiday social media blitz