Alcorn’s finances being investigated; CFO resigns
Published: December 6,2013
Tags: Alcorn State University, Betty Roberts, chief financial officer, College Board, education, finances, Hank Bounds, higher education, investigation, public university, resignation, State Institutions of Higher Leaerning
LORMAN — Alcorn State University’s chief financial officer has resigned amid an investigation of alleged financial problems at the school.
Mississippi Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds tells The Natchez Democrat that Betty Roberts resigned yesterday.
Bounds says in a statement that his office has received reports of financial discrepancies and the College Boards staff is reviewing those reports.
Bounds declined to elaborate.
The College Board met in a closed session on Nov. 7 to discuss personnel issues at Alcorn State. The board made no announcement after the meeting ended.
Alcorn’s main campus is located in Lorman, with satellite campuses in Natchez and Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange