Alcorn’s finances being investigated; CFO resigns
Published: December 6,2013
Tags: Alcorn State University, Betty Roberts, chief financial officer, College Board, education, finances, Hank Bounds, higher education, investigation, public university, resignation, State Institutions of Higher Leaerning
LORMAN — Alcorn State University’s chief financial officer has resigned amid an investigation of alleged financial problems at the school.
Mississippi Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds tells The Natchez Democrat that Betty Roberts resigned yesterday.
Bounds says in a statement that his office has received reports of financial discrepancies and the College Boards staff is reviewing those reports.
Bounds declined to elaborate.
The College Board met in a closed session on Nov. 7 to discuss personnel issues at Alcorn State. The board made no announcement after the meeting ended.
Alcorn’s main campus is located in Lorman, with satellite campuses in Natchez and Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC