Alcorn’s finances being investigated; CFO resigns
Published: December 6,2013
Tags: Alcorn State University, Betty Roberts, chief financial officer, College Board, education, finances, Hank Bounds, higher education, investigation, public university, resignation, State Institutions of Higher Leaerning
LORMAN — Alcorn State University’s chief financial officer has resigned amid an investigation of alleged financial problems at the school.
Mississippi Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds tells The Natchez Democrat that Betty Roberts resigned yesterday.
Bounds says in a statement that his office has received reports of financial discrepancies and the College Boards staff is reviewing those reports.
Bounds declined to elaborate.
The College Board met in a closed session on Nov. 7 to discuss personnel issues at Alcorn State. The board made no announcement after the meeting ended.
Alcorn’s main campus is located in Lorman, with satellite campuses in Natchez and Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices