Alcorn’s finances being investigated; CFO resigns
Published: December 6,2013
Tags: Alcorn State University, Betty Roberts, chief financial officer, College Board, education, finances, Hank Bounds, higher education, investigation, public university, resignation, State Institutions of Higher Leaerning
LORMAN — Alcorn State University’s chief financial officer has resigned amid an investigation of alleged financial problems at the school.
Mississippi Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds tells The Natchez Democrat that Betty Roberts resigned yesterday.
Bounds says in a statement that his office has received reports of financial discrepancies and the College Boards staff is reviewing those reports.
Bounds declined to elaborate.
The College Board met in a closed session on Nov. 7 to discuss personnel issues at Alcorn State. The board made no announcement after the meeting ended.
Alcorn’s main campus is located in Lorman, with satellite campuses in Natchez and Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency