Alcorn’s finances being investigated; CFO resigns
by Associated Press
Published: December 6,2013
Tags: Alcorn State University, Betty Roberts, chief financial officer, College Board, education, finances, Hank Bounds, higher education, investigation, public university, resignation, State Institutions of Higher Leaerning
LORMAN — Alcorn State University’s chief financial officer has resigned amid an investigation of alleged financial problems at the school.
Mississippi Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds tells The Natchez Democrat that Betty Roberts resigned yesterday.
Bounds says in a statement that his office has received reports of financial discrepancies and the College Boards staff is reviewing those reports.
Bounds declined to elaborate.
The College Board met in a closed session on Nov. 7 to discuss personnel issues at Alcorn State. The board made no announcement after the meeting ended.
Alcorn’s main campus is located in Lorman, with satellite campuses in Natchez and Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain