Dr. Ruth Nichols tapped for Delta Leadership Institute Executive Academy
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 6,2013
Alcorn State University’s assistant vice president for educational and community partnerships Dr. Ruth R. Nichols has been appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant as a member of the 2013-2014 Delta Leadership Institute Executive Academy. Nichols will be one out of a class of 50 who meet seven times each year. The class explores issues in the Delta region and travels to Washington, D.C. to learn about policy development and advocacy.
Nichols joined the Alcorn staff in 2009. She began her education career teaching kindergarten in Vidalia, La., and she’s spent most of her 30-year education career in university leadership roles. She earned degrees from Copiah-Lincoln Community College, the University of Southern Mississippi and Clemson University. Before coming to Alcorn, she held several high-ranking positions at North Georgia Technical College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)