Dr. Ruth Nichols tapped for Delta Leadership Institute Executive Academy
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 6,2013
Alcorn State University’s assistant vice president for educational and community partnerships Dr. Ruth R. Nichols has been appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant as a member of the 2013-2014 Delta Leadership Institute Executive Academy. Nichols will be one out of a class of 50 who meet seven times each year. The class explores issues in the Delta region and travels to Washington, D.C. to learn about policy development and advocacy.
Nichols joined the Alcorn staff in 2009. She began her education career teaching kindergarten in Vidalia, La., and she’s spent most of her 30-year education career in university leadership roles. She earned degrees from Copiah-Lincoln Community College, the University of Southern Mississippi and Clemson University. Before coming to Alcorn, she held several high-ranking positions at North Georgia Technical College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson