Keeping our eye on… Liz Lancaster
Published: December 6,2013
While she doesn’t prepare and serve the food, Liz Lancaster still has a seat at Mississippi’s dining room table.
As the marketing, promotions and event planning coordinator for Mangia Bene, Lancaster helps channel the creativity and energy of executive partners Dan Blumenthal and Jeff Good into the group’s acclaimed catering service and restaurants Broad Street Bakery, Bravo! and Sal & Mookie’s.
Born in Jackson and raised in Corinth, Lancaster earned a BA in communications from Millsaps College in 2011 and interned with Chef Tom Ramsey, Mississippi Magazine and Premier Bride Magazine.
“I love getting a front row seat in the culinary world and this new foodie culture,” Lancaster says. “I don’t think there is anything more intimate and relaxing than sitting around the kitchen with good food, good wine and good friends.”
Lancaster also oversees marketing for Good’s business consulting group, Dollars & Sense Creative Consulting. “If you know Jeff Good, you know that working with him is always exciting and fast-paced,” Lancaster says. “I love sitting around a table with other creatives to discuss ideas and thoughts.”
Lancaster has volunteered and served on the boards of the Friends of the USA International Ballet Competition, Fondren’s Zippity Doo Dah Parade, Habitat for Humanity and the Women’s Fund.
“I have many people my age looking for jobs right now. What I’ve been telling them is network, network, network,” Lancaster advises young professionals. “I got my job by Facebook messaging Jeff Good; you never know what connections you can find online.”
In her spare time, Lancaster enjoys wine tasting, reading, watching old movies and spending time with her Labradoodle, Olive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter