Keeping our eye on… Liz Lancaster
by Stephen McDill
Published: December 6,2013
While she doesn’t prepare and serve the food, Liz Lancaster still has a seat at Mississippi’s dining room table.
As the marketing, promotions and event planning coordinator for Mangia Bene, Lancaster helps channel the creativity and energy of executive partners Dan Blumenthal and Jeff Good into the group’s acclaimed catering service and restaurants Broad Street Bakery, Bravo! and Sal & Mookie’s.
Born in Jackson and raised in Corinth, Lancaster earned a BA in communications from Millsaps College in 2011 and interned with Chef Tom Ramsey, Mississippi Magazine and Premier Bride Magazine.
“I love getting a front row seat in the culinary world and this new foodie culture,” Lancaster says. “I don’t think there is anything more intimate and relaxing than sitting around the kitchen with good food, good wine and good friends.”
Lancaster also oversees marketing for Good’s business consulting group, Dollars & Sense Creative Consulting. “If you know Jeff Good, you know that working with him is always exciting and fast-paced,” Lancaster says. “I love sitting around a table with other creatives to discuss ideas and thoughts.”
Lancaster has volunteered and served on the boards of the Friends of the USA International Ballet Competition, Fondren’s Zippity Doo Dah Parade, Habitat for Humanity and the Women’s Fund.
“I have many people my age looking for jobs right now. What I’ve been telling them is network, network, network,” Lancaster advises young professionals. “I got my job by Facebook messaging Jeff Good; you never know what connections you can find online.”
In her spare time, Lancaster enjoys wine tasting, reading, watching old movies and spending time with her Labradoodle, Olive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability