Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
Published: December 9,2013
NATCHEZ — The attorney for Natchez Regional Medical Center’s Board of Trustees said he has been “encouraged” by the response the hospital has received from potential buyers in recent weeks.
Though representatives of the county-owned hospital had at one time said they hoped to have a deal closed by the end of fall, trustees attorney Walter Brown said negotiations with three nonprofit hospitals and one for-profit hospital are still open and ongoing.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the last couple of weeks have been productive in getting responses to interested people.
Healthcare Management Partners, a medical industry consulting firm, is leading the discussions with potential buyers, as it did during the 2008 attempt to sell the hospital out of bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015