Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
by Associated Press
Published: December 9,2013
NATCHEZ — The attorney for Natchez Regional Medical Center’s Board of Trustees said he has been “encouraged” by the response the hospital has received from potential buyers in recent weeks.
Though representatives of the county-owned hospital had at one time said they hoped to have a deal closed by the end of fall, trustees attorney Walter Brown said negotiations with three nonprofit hospitals and one for-profit hospital are still open and ongoing.
Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the last couple of weeks have been productive in getting responses to interested people.
Healthcare Management Partners, a medical industry consulting firm, is leading the discussions with potential buyers, as it did during the 2008 attempt to sell the hospital out of bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years