Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
Published: December 10,2013
STARKVILLE — Texas oilman Tommy Nusz and his wife, Terri, have donated $12.3 million to the Mississippi State University Campaign.
Nusz is the CEO and chairman of the board of Oasis Petroleum in Houston, Texas. He and his wife are graduates of Mississippi State.
School officials say in a news release that the donation brings the fundraising efforts for the campaign to $375 million.
The gift breaks down into:
— $250,000 for the engineering dean in the James Worth Bagley College of Engineering and $1 million to create the Nusz Engineering Student Excellence Endowment.
— $1.75 million for the Thomas B. Nusz Endowment Chair with the earnings to provide salary supplement and holder support for petroleum and energy related studies.
— $1 million for a new engineering and science building to house the Civil and Environmental Engineering department.
— $2 million for a new facility for the G. V. “Sonny” Montgomery Center for American Veterans.
— $2 million for a new Olympic sports facility and $300,000 to establish the Meagan Nusz Excellence in Woman’s Sports Fund to generate more emphasis on equestrian sports.
— $1 million will support several sports programs including baseball, woman’s basketball, softball and volleyball.
— $1 million for the Terri Nusz Endowed Equine Professorship to support teaching and research in equine studies.
— $1 million for a proposed Partnership School, an effort between the College of Education and the Starkville-Oktibbeha County schools.
The remaining money will be held for future use by the university as determined by the Nusz family.
The multi-year Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign was launched earlier this year and will continue fundraising toward a $600 million goal by 2018.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job