DMR reopens oyster reefs after two-week closure
Published: December 10,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Department of Marine Resources has reopened oyster reefs in Pass Christian and Henderson Point.
The reefs also include Handkerchief Reef and northern areas of Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
The areas were closed Nov. 26. All other reefs remain closed until testing shows they are once again safe for human consumption.
All other oyster harvest rules and regulations will remain in effect.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K