DMR reopens oyster reefs after two-week closure
Published: December 10,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Department of Marine Resources has reopened oyster reefs in Pass Christian and Henderson Point.
The reefs also include Handkerchief Reef and northern areas of Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
The areas were closed Nov. 26. All other reefs remain closed until testing shows they are once again safe for human consumption.
All other oyster harvest rules and regulations will remain in effect.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters