DMR reopens oyster reefs after two-week closure
Published: December 10,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Department of Marine Resources has reopened oyster reefs in Pass Christian and Henderson Point.
The reefs also include Handkerchief Reef and northern areas of Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
The areas were closed Nov. 26. All other reefs remain closed until testing shows they are once again safe for human consumption.
All other oyster harvest rules and regulations will remain in effect.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015