DMR reopens oyster reefs after two-week closure
Published: December 10,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Department of Marine Resources has reopened oyster reefs in Pass Christian and Henderson Point.
The reefs also include Handkerchief Reef and northern areas of Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
The areas were closed Nov. 26. All other reefs remain closed until testing shows they are once again safe for human consumption.
All other oyster harvest rules and regulations will remain in effect.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow