Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
by Associated Press
Published: December 10,2013
Tags: education, higher education, John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development, Marty Wiseman, Mississippi State University, public university, retirement, Stennis-Montgomery Association
STARKVILLE — Dr. Marty Wiseman, executive director of the John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development at Mississippi State University, will retire Dec. 31.
The school and Wiseman made the announcement yesterday.
Wiseman’s work has focused on public administration and Mississippi government.
A native Mississippian, he received his Ph.D. from Mississippi State University and has been at MSU since 1986. Professor Wiseman teaches specialized graduate courses in Rural Government Administration and Intergovernmental Relations, the undergraduate Mississippi Government and Politics class, and introductory American Government.
Wiseman is also faculty adviser for the Stennis-Montgomery Association, which helps students to visit and intern in Washington, D.C.
Wiseman has been a frequent political commentator for various news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability