Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
Published: December 10,2013
Tags: education, higher education, John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development, Marty Wiseman, Mississippi State University, public university, retirement, Stennis-Montgomery Association
STARKVILLE — Dr. Marty Wiseman, executive director of the John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development at Mississippi State University, will retire Dec. 31.
The school and Wiseman made the announcement yesterday.
Wiseman’s work has focused on public administration and Mississippi government.
A native Mississippian, he received his Ph.D. from Mississippi State University and has been at MSU since 1986. Professor Wiseman teaches specialized graduate courses in Rural Government Administration and Intergovernmental Relations, the undergraduate Mississippi Government and Politics class, and introductory American Government.
Wiseman is also faculty adviser for the Stennis-Montgomery Association, which helps students to visit and intern in Washington, D.C.
Wiseman has been a frequent political commentator for various news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities