Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
Published: December 10,2013
Tags: education, higher education, John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development, Marty Wiseman, Mississippi State University, public university, retirement, Stennis-Montgomery Association
STARKVILLE — Dr. Marty Wiseman, executive director of the John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development at Mississippi State University, will retire Dec. 31.
The school and Wiseman made the announcement yesterday.
Wiseman’s work has focused on public administration and Mississippi government.
A native Mississippian, he received his Ph.D. from Mississippi State University and has been at MSU since 1986. Professor Wiseman teaches specialized graduate courses in Rural Government Administration and Intergovernmental Relations, the undergraduate Mississippi Government and Politics class, and introductory American Government.
Wiseman is also faculty adviser for the Stennis-Montgomery Association, which helps students to visit and intern in Washington, D.C.
Wiseman has been a frequent political commentator for various news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports