Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
Published: December 10,2013
Tags: education, higher education, John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development, Marty Wiseman, Mississippi State University, public university, retirement, Stennis-Montgomery Association
STARKVILLE — Dr. Marty Wiseman, executive director of the John C. Stennis Institute of Government & Community Development at Mississippi State University, will retire Dec. 31.
The school and Wiseman made the announcement yesterday.
Wiseman’s work has focused on public administration and Mississippi government.
A native Mississippian, he received his Ph.D. from Mississippi State University and has been at MSU since 1986. Professor Wiseman teaches specialized graduate courses in Rural Government Administration and Intergovernmental Relations, the undergraduate Mississippi Government and Politics class, and introductory American Government.
Wiseman is also faculty adviser for the Stennis-Montgomery Association, which helps students to visit and intern in Washington, D.C.
Wiseman has been a frequent political commentator for various news organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal