Horn Lake making big push to land C Spire high-speed Internet
Published: December 11,2013
HORN LAKE — The city of Horn Lake has begun in earnest its push to become the first Mississippi city to get ultra high-speed Internet service through C Spire Wireless.
From a contest to sign up the first 50 subscribers, to hanging tags on doors in eligible neighborhoods, to a special sign-up at this weekend’s city Christmas-tree lighting, John Whyte, the city’s Information and Technology director, tells The Commercial Appeal an all-out initiative is gaining speed.
Horn Lake was chosen along with Batesville and Corinth in North Mississippi after online competition to gauge enthusiasm for the service. Other cities selected were Clinton, Hattiesburg, McComb, Ridgeland, Starkville and Quitman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams