Horn Lake making big push to land C Spire high-speed Internet
Published: December 11,2013
HORN LAKE — The city of Horn Lake has begun in earnest its push to become the first Mississippi city to get ultra high-speed Internet service through C Spire Wireless.
From a contest to sign up the first 50 subscribers, to hanging tags on doors in eligible neighborhoods, to a special sign-up at this weekend’s city Christmas-tree lighting, John Whyte, the city’s Information and Technology director, tells The Commercial Appeal an all-out initiative is gaining speed.
Horn Lake was chosen along with Batesville and Corinth in North Mississippi after online competition to gauge enthusiasm for the service. Other cities selected were Clinton, Hattiesburg, McComb, Ridgeland, Starkville and Quitman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet