Horn Lake making big push to land C Spire high-speed Internet
Published: December 11,2013
HORN LAKE — The city of Horn Lake has begun in earnest its push to become the first Mississippi city to get ultra high-speed Internet service through C Spire Wireless.
From a contest to sign up the first 50 subscribers, to hanging tags on doors in eligible neighborhoods, to a special sign-up at this weekend’s city Christmas-tree lighting, John Whyte, the city’s Information and Technology director, tells The Commercial Appeal an all-out initiative is gaining speed.
Horn Lake was chosen along with Batesville and Corinth in North Mississippi after online competition to gauge enthusiasm for the service. Other cities selected were Clinton, Hattiesburg, McComb, Ridgeland, Starkville and Quitman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that