Horn Lake making big push to land C Spire high-speed Internet
Published: December 11,2013
HORN LAKE — The city of Horn Lake has begun in earnest its push to become the first Mississippi city to get ultra high-speed Internet service through C Spire Wireless.
From a contest to sign up the first 50 subscribers, to hanging tags on doors in eligible neighborhoods, to a special sign-up at this weekend’s city Christmas-tree lighting, John Whyte, the city’s Information and Technology director, tells The Commercial Appeal an all-out initiative is gaining speed.
Horn Lake was chosen along with Batesville and Corinth in North Mississippi after online competition to gauge enthusiasm for the service. Other cities selected were Clinton, Hattiesburg, McComb, Ridgeland, Starkville and Quitman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations