Horn Lake making big push to land C Spire high-speed Internet
Published: December 11,2013
HORN LAKE — The city of Horn Lake has begun in earnest its push to become the first Mississippi city to get ultra high-speed Internet service through C Spire Wireless.
From a contest to sign up the first 50 subscribers, to hanging tags on doors in eligible neighborhoods, to a special sign-up at this weekend’s city Christmas-tree lighting, John Whyte, the city’s Information and Technology director, tells The Commercial Appeal an all-out initiative is gaining speed.
Horn Lake was chosen along with Batesville and Corinth in North Mississippi after online competition to gauge enthusiasm for the service. Other cities selected were Clinton, Hattiesburg, McComb, Ridgeland, Starkville and Quitman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities