Oyster reef recloses after one day due to water quality
Published: December 11,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the oyster reef area that opened Dec. 9 closed yesterday due to water sample results.
The area includes southern portions of the Pass Christian and Henderson Point reefs, Square Handkerchief Reef and northern portions of the Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
All other areas remain closed to the harvest of oysters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow