Oyster reef recloses after one day due to water quality
Published: December 11,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the oyster reef area that opened Dec. 9 closed yesterday due to water sample results.
The area includes southern portions of the Pass Christian and Henderson Point reefs, Square Handkerchief Reef and northern portions of the Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
All other areas remain closed to the harvest of oysters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex