Oyster reef recloses after one day due to water quality
Published: December 11,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the oyster reef area that opened Dec. 9 closed yesterday due to water sample results.
The area includes southern portions of the Pass Christian and Henderson Point reefs, Square Handkerchief Reef and northern portions of the Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
All other areas remain closed to the harvest of oysters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators