Oyster reef recloses after one day due to water quality
Published: December 11,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the oyster reef area that opened Dec. 9 closed yesterday due to water sample results.
The area includes southern portions of the Pass Christian and Henderson Point reefs, Square Handkerchief Reef and northern portions of the Pass Marianne and Telegraph reefs.
All other areas remain closed to the harvest of oysters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015