Federal safety regulators shut down bus companies
Published: December 12,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Federal bus safety regulators announced that they have shut down 52 companies in what they describe as a major nationwide crackdown on unsafe carriers.
Affected companies in Mississippi are Carbo Limo of Oxford, LLC, and CC Rider Coach.
Here is a state-by-state list of 49 companies that were shut down by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and have not reopened.
That is followed by a list of three companies that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration shut down but have reopened after taking corrective action, according to the agency.
—Autobuses Rayon Inc.
—River City Shuttle
British Columbia, Canada:
—FTS Forest Transport Services LTD
—New Haven Bus Service
—People to Places Inc.
—McRea Transportation, Inc.
—Fabulous Coach Lines
—All Pro Motor Coach
—Best Limo Service
—Across USA Tour & Travel
—Nealson Coach Inc.
—Irma J Tours, Inc.
—Rotel North American Tours LLC
—Midnight Express LLC
—M H B S Inc
—Furtado Bus Lines
—Carbo Limo Of Oxford, LLC
—CC Rider Coach
—Coach USA Tour Inc.
—Horizon Coach Inc.
—Gotham Coach Service Inc.
—Uniworld Tours, Inc.
—Southeastern Tours, Inc.
—Executive Charters Lines, Inc.
—Spaulding Charters and Tours, Inc.
—Bus Go Bus, Inc.
—Travel Time Transportation, LLC
—S & V Tours Inc.
—Wilcar Tours, Inc.
—The People’s Choice
—South Carolina VIP Tours, LLC
—GWC Enterprises Inc.
—Autobuses Zacatecanos LLC
—Agape Tours Inc.
—Salt Lake Shuttles LLC
—Advanced Ventures, LLC
—Onboard DC Tours LLC
Companies that were shut down but have reopened:
—Transsouth Motorcoach, LLC
—DAPTCO Motor Coach Services
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet