Federal safety regulators shut down bus companies
Published: December 12,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Federal bus safety regulators announced that they have shut down 52 companies in what they describe as a major nationwide crackdown on unsafe carriers.
Affected companies in Mississippi are Carbo Limo of Oxford, LLC, and CC Rider Coach.
Here is a state-by-state list of 49 companies that were shut down by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and have not reopened.
That is followed by a list of three companies that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration shut down but have reopened after taking corrective action, according to the agency.
—Autobuses Rayon Inc.
—River City Shuttle
British Columbia, Canada:
—FTS Forest Transport Services LTD
—New Haven Bus Service
—People to Places Inc.
—McRea Transportation, Inc.
—Fabulous Coach Lines
—All Pro Motor Coach
—Best Limo Service
—Across USA Tour & Travel
—Nealson Coach Inc.
—Irma J Tours, Inc.
—Rotel North American Tours LLC
—Midnight Express LLC
—M H B S Inc
—Furtado Bus Lines
—Carbo Limo Of Oxford, LLC
—CC Rider Coach
—Coach USA Tour Inc.
—Horizon Coach Inc.
—Gotham Coach Service Inc.
—Uniworld Tours, Inc.
—Southeastern Tours, Inc.
—Executive Charters Lines, Inc.
—Spaulding Charters and Tours, Inc.
—Bus Go Bus, Inc.
—Travel Time Transportation, LLC
—S & V Tours Inc.
—Wilcar Tours, Inc.
—The People’s Choice
—South Carolina VIP Tours, LLC
—GWC Enterprises Inc.
—Autobuses Zacatecanos LLC
—Agape Tours Inc.
—Salt Lake Shuttles LLC
—Advanced Ventures, LLC
—Onboard DC Tours LLC
Companies that were shut down but have reopened:
—Transsouth Motorcoach, LLC
—DAPTCO Motor Coach Services
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis