Mississippi School Boards Association elects officers
Long Beach school board member James Stubbs is the new president of the Mississippi School Boards Association (MSBA) for the 2013-14 school year. The former colonel in the U.S. Army was elected to head the organization by the MSBA Delegates’ Assembly. The Delegates Assembly, convening during the MSBA Fall Leadership Conference in Jackson, also elected North Pike School District board president Etta Taplin as vice president and Pearl Public School board president Sondra Odom as MSBA secretary-treasurer. New Albany board member Bobby Gault will remain on the board as MSBA immediate past president.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House