Mississippi School Boards Association elects officers
Long Beach school board member James Stubbs is the new president of the Mississippi School Boards Association (MSBA) for the 2013-14 school year. The former colonel in the U.S. Army was elected to head the organization by the MSBA Delegates’ Assembly. The Delegates Assembly, convening during the MSBA Fall Leadership Conference in Jackson, also elected North Pike School District board president Etta Taplin as vice president and Pearl Public School board president Sondra Odom as MSBA secretary-treasurer. New Albany board member Bobby Gault will remain on the board as MSBA immediate past president.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey