Mississippi World Trade Center honors Alex Malouf, Jesse Robinson, Jerry Host and Dr. Mark M. Miller
The Mississippi World Trade Center recently recognized four outstanding individuals with prestigious international 2013 achievement awards at its Annual Meeting. Alex Malouf, CEO and chairman of the board for the John-Richard Company, received the Tozzoli International Business Leadership Award honoring an outstanding Mississippi business person who has attained national and international business success yet steadfastly remains loyal to and headquartered within the state.
Jesse Robinson, blues guitarist and vocalist, received the Global Arts & Culture Advocate Award based on his lifetime of success and accomplishments in music, his outstanding contribution to the state’s creative economy and his work in spreading Mississippi’s music and cultural message throughout Latin America.
Jerry Host, chairman and CEO of Trustmark Corporation, received the Crystal Globe Member of Distinction Award for his longstanding personal and professional support of the Mississippi World Trade Center’s programs, services, educational and cultural activities and promotion of international trade and investment.
The Excellence in International Education Award was presented to Dr. Mark M. Miller, professor of geography and interim chair of the Department of Economic Development and Tourism at the University of Southern Mississippi, for his lifetime body of work in economic development for low-income communities in Mississippi, the U.S. South, Cuba and the Caribbean.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings