Mississippi World Trade Center honors Alex Malouf, Jesse Robinson, Jerry Host and Dr. Mark M. Miller
The Mississippi World Trade Center recently recognized four outstanding individuals with prestigious international 2013 achievement awards at its Annual Meeting. Alex Malouf, CEO and chairman of the board for the John-Richard Company, received the Tozzoli International Business Leadership Award honoring an outstanding Mississippi business person who has attained national and international business success yet steadfastly remains loyal to and headquartered within the state.
Jesse Robinson, blues guitarist and vocalist, received the Global Arts & Culture Advocate Award based on his lifetime of success and accomplishments in music, his outstanding contribution to the state’s creative economy and his work in spreading Mississippi’s music and cultural message throughout Latin America.
Jerry Host, chairman and CEO of Trustmark Corporation, received the Crystal Globe Member of Distinction Award for his longstanding personal and professional support of the Mississippi World Trade Center’s programs, services, educational and cultural activities and promotion of international trade and investment.
The Excellence in International Education Award was presented to Dr. Mark M. Miller, professor of geography and interim chair of the Department of Economic Development and Tourism at the University of Southern Mississippi, for his lifetime body of work in economic development for low-income communities in Mississippi, the U.S. South, Cuba and the Caribbean.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces