Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
Published: December 19,2013
BILOXI — An unfinished casino on the beach at Biloxi is coming down,
Jonathan Jones, general manager of Grand Biloxi Casino, told the Biloxi City Council this week that the framework of what was going to be a $700 million Margaritaville resort will be demolished immediately.
The Sun Herald reports that Jones said the company plans to construct a boardwalk and entertainment lawn to host concerts and music festivals on the beach south of U.S. Highway 90.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation