Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
Published: December 19,2013
BILOXI — An unfinished casino on the beach at Biloxi is coming down,
Jonathan Jones, general manager of Grand Biloxi Casino, told the Biloxi City Council this week that the framework of what was going to be a $700 million Margaritaville resort will be demolished immediately.
The Sun Herald reports that Jones said the company plans to construct a boardwalk and entertainment lawn to host concerts and music festivals on the beach south of U.S. Highway 90.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist