Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
by Associated Press
Published: December 19,2013
BILOXI — An unfinished casino on the beach at Biloxi is coming down,
Jonathan Jones, general manager of Grand Biloxi Casino, told the Biloxi City Council this week that the framework of what was going to be a $700 million Margaritaville resort will be demolished immediately.
The Sun Herald reports that Jones said the company plans to construct a boardwalk and entertainment lawn to host concerts and music festivals on the beach south of U.S. Highway 90.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip