Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
Published: December 19,2013
BILOXI — An unfinished casino on the beach at Biloxi is coming down,
Jonathan Jones, general manager of Grand Biloxi Casino, told the Biloxi City Council this week that the framework of what was going to be a $700 million Margaritaville resort will be demolished immediately.
The Sun Herald reports that Jones said the company plans to construct a boardwalk and entertainment lawn to host concerts and music festivals on the beach south of U.S. Highway 90.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal