Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
Published: December 19,2013
BILOXI — An unfinished casino on the beach at Biloxi is coming down,
Jonathan Jones, general manager of Grand Biloxi Casino, told the Biloxi City Council this week that the framework of what was going to be a $700 million Margaritaville resort will be demolished immediately.
The Sun Herald reports that Jones said the company plans to construct a boardwalk and entertainment lawn to host concerts and music festivals on the beach south of U.S. Highway 90.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment