C Spire to acquire communications provider
Ridgeland regional telecom company C Spire is ending the year with a growth spurt in its business services with the acquisition of Mobile’s Callis Communications, a fast-growing provider of cloud-based unified communications for businesses.
In announcing the acquisition, the privately held C Spire said adding Callis will strengthen its standing as a leading telecommunications- based diversified technology company.
Callis serves customers in key business markets across the Southeast and, for the sixth consecutive year, has been recognized as one of the fastest growing telecommunications and cloud communications companies on the Inc. 5000 list.
Dean Parker, president & CEO of Callis, said Callis and C Spire are a great fit. “For over 25 years, C Spire has built a large and highly loyal customer base with an unmatched focus on providing exceptional service and taking the business needs of its customers personally,” he said.
“That core value is what has defined Callis, and it’s why this is a great combination. We are confident our customers will continue to be in good hands as C Spire brings its customer-inspired approach to their business technology and communications needs.”
The acquisition, which requires FCC approval, is the latest in a series of moves by C Spire that signal the company’s accelerated and expanded focus on innovative business, government, and consumer technology solutions, C Spire says. In September, the provider launched the nation’s largest statewide initiative to bring 1 Gbps fiber-based Internet access to homes in nine Mississippi cities and last month the company broke ground on a new $20 million Tier III+ data center in Starkville, which will power a full suite of enterprise cloud services and solutions for businesses across the Southeast region.
“Like C Spire, Callis has a highly experienced team with a long tradition of serving its customers with excellence, making this a winning combination,” said Hu Meena, president & CEO of C Spire. “In addition to the cloud-based solutions available today, we plan to provide a greatly expanded and comprehensive suite of world-class cloud-based computing and enterprise application solutions from our new state-of-the-art tandem of data centers.”
— from staff and MBJ wire services
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data