Kelly R. Blackwood named chair of the board of trustees of The Nature Conservancy in Mississippi
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 20,2013
Kelly R. Blackwood, a senior attorney in Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP’s Jackson office, has been named chair of the board of trustees of The Nature Conservancy in Mississippi. Blackwood has been a board member for The Nature Conservancy’s Mississippi chapter since 2011.
A member of the firm’s Environmental and Litigation practice groups, Blackwood focuses her practice on regulatory and litigation work. She has a wide range of experience in environmental permitting and enforcement matters and works regularly with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Blackwood has represented clients before Mississippi state courts, the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Environmental Quality Permit Board. She has served as lead counsel in negotiating numerous enforcement settlements, and has routinely assisted with obtaining construction and operating permits and advising clients on associated compliance matters. Blackwood’s environmental practice also has included property acquisitions, due diligence matters, contaminated properties, brownfield redevelopment, natural resource damages, remediation and restoration and wetlands assessments. Blackwood also has taught environmental law as an adjunct professor at the Mississippi College School of Law.
Blackwood holds a J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law. She also has a B.B.A. from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability