Kelly R. Blackwood named chair of the board of trustees of The Nature Conservancy in Mississippi
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 20,2013
Kelly R. Blackwood, a senior attorney in Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP’s Jackson office, has been named chair of the board of trustees of The Nature Conservancy in Mississippi. Blackwood has been a board member for The Nature Conservancy’s Mississippi chapter since 2011.
A member of the firm’s Environmental and Litigation practice groups, Blackwood focuses her practice on regulatory and litigation work. She has a wide range of experience in environmental permitting and enforcement matters and works regularly with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Blackwood has represented clients before Mississippi state courts, the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Environmental Quality Permit Board. She has served as lead counsel in negotiating numerous enforcement settlements, and has routinely assisted with obtaining construction and operating permits and advising clients on associated compliance matters. Blackwood’s environmental practice also has included property acquisitions, due diligence matters, contaminated properties, brownfield redevelopment, natural resource damages, remediation and restoration and wetlands assessments. Blackwood also has taught environmental law as an adjunct professor at the Mississippi College School of Law.
Blackwood holds a J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law. She also has a B.B.A. from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015