Mike Pope named Clinton’s Administrator of the Year
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 20,2013
Mike Pope, principal of Lovett Elementary School, is Clinton Public School District’s 2013-14 Administrator of the Year. In March, the sixth-grade school’s roof was destroyed by baseball-sized hail, forcing students, faculty and staff to be relocated to another campus for the remainder of the school year. Despite this disruption, Clinton sixth-graders earned the highest state test scores of any other Mississippi school district’s sixth-graders in both math and language arts.
Pope is a 1995 graduate of Clinton High School. He holds a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from Delta State University, and a master’s degree in educational leadership and an educational specialist degree, both from Mississippi College.
Pope began his career in education in 2000 as a world history, honors world history and history of the ancient Middle East teacher at Clinton High School. He began serving as assistant principal at Clinton Junior High in 2006, and was named principal at Lovett in 2012.
Pope was chosen for the honor by other principals and assistant principals throughout the Clinton Public School District. As Administrator of the Year, he will go on to represent CPSD in the state Administrator of the Year recognition program hosted by the Mississippi Department of Education in the spring.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years