More than a dozen counties see damage from storms
Published: December 23,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says 15 counties have reported damage from Saturday’s storms. The death toll remains at two, one each in Coahoma and Jasper counties, with several injuries reported statewide.
MEMA said yesterday that Marshall County reported one injury, six homes, a business and a public facility damaged.
Homes or mobile homes also were damaged in Bolivar, Coahoma, DeSoto, Panola, Perry, Quitman, Tate, Tunica, and Union counties. Businesses were damaged in Tate and Tishomingo counties, and a church in Tunica County.
Clarke, Adams and Lafayette counties also reported damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss