More than a dozen counties see damage from storms
Published: December 23,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says 15 counties have reported damage from Saturday’s storms. The death toll remains at two, one each in Coahoma and Jasper counties, with several injuries reported statewide.
MEMA said yesterday that Marshall County reported one injury, six homes, a business and a public facility damaged.
Homes or mobile homes also were damaged in Bolivar, Coahoma, DeSoto, Panola, Perry, Quitman, Tate, Tunica, and Union counties. Businesses were damaged in Tate and Tishomingo counties, and a church in Tunica County.
Clarke, Adams and Lafayette counties also reported damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics