More than a dozen counties see damage from storms
Published: December 23,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says 15 counties have reported damage from Saturday’s storms. The death toll remains at two, one each in Coahoma and Jasper counties, with several injuries reported statewide.
MEMA said yesterday that Marshall County reported one injury, six homes, a business and a public facility damaged.
Homes or mobile homes also were damaged in Bolivar, Coahoma, DeSoto, Panola, Perry, Quitman, Tate, Tunica, and Union counties. Businesses were damaged in Tate and Tishomingo counties, and a church in Tunica County.
Clarke, Adams and Lafayette counties also reported damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says