More than a dozen counties see damage from storms
Published: December 23,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says 15 counties have reported damage from Saturday’s storms. The death toll remains at two, one each in Coahoma and Jasper counties, with several injuries reported statewide.
MEMA said yesterday that Marshall County reported one injury, six homes, a business and a public facility damaged.
Homes or mobile homes also were damaged in Bolivar, Coahoma, DeSoto, Panola, Perry, Quitman, Tate, Tunica, and Union counties. Businesses were damaged in Tate and Tishomingo counties, and a church in Tunica County.
Clarke, Adams and Lafayette counties also reported damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November