Ergon buys Bunge North America’s interest in joint venture
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2014
JACKSON — Ergon Inc.’s wholly owned subsidiary, Ergon Ethanol Inc., has acquired Bunge North America Inc.’s interest in and now owns 100 percent of Ergon BioFuels, LLC located in Vicksburg.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Effective Dec. 31, 2013, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg, LLC changed its name to Ergon BioFuels, LLC.
Ergon BioFuels began as a joint venture between Ergon Ethanol, Inc. and Bunge North America in 2007. With an annual throughput capacity of 54-million gallons, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg was one of the largest producers of ethanol in the southeastern United States until operations were suspended in December 2012.
“This transaction allows us to look at alternative feedstocks, as well as how the plant may be used for products beyond traditional ethanol production,” said Don Davis, president of Ergon’s Refining and Marketing Division. “In addition, we feel the Ergon BioFuels facility will be synergistic with nearby Ergon Refining Inc.’s opportunities for an expanded product base.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs