Ergon buys Bunge North America’s interest in joint venture
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2014
JACKSON — Ergon Inc.’s wholly owned subsidiary, Ergon Ethanol Inc., has acquired Bunge North America Inc.’s interest in and now owns 100 percent of Ergon BioFuels, LLC located in Vicksburg.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Effective Dec. 31, 2013, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg, LLC changed its name to Ergon BioFuels, LLC.
Ergon BioFuels began as a joint venture between Ergon Ethanol, Inc. and Bunge North America in 2007. With an annual throughput capacity of 54-million gallons, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg was one of the largest producers of ethanol in the southeastern United States until operations were suspended in December 2012.
“This transaction allows us to look at alternative feedstocks, as well as how the plant may be used for products beyond traditional ethanol production,” said Don Davis, president of Ergon’s Refining and Marketing Division. “In addition, we feel the Ergon BioFuels facility will be synergistic with nearby Ergon Refining Inc.’s opportunities for an expanded product base.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams