Ergon buys Bunge North America’s interest in joint venture
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2014
JACKSON — Ergon Inc.’s wholly owned subsidiary, Ergon Ethanol Inc., has acquired Bunge North America Inc.’s interest in and now owns 100 percent of Ergon BioFuels, LLC located in Vicksburg.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Effective Dec. 31, 2013, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg, LLC changed its name to Ergon BioFuels, LLC.
Ergon BioFuels began as a joint venture between Ergon Ethanol, Inc. and Bunge North America in 2007. With an annual throughput capacity of 54-million gallons, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg was one of the largest producers of ethanol in the southeastern United States until operations were suspended in December 2012.
“This transaction allows us to look at alternative feedstocks, as well as how the plant may be used for products beyond traditional ethanol production,” said Don Davis, president of Ergon’s Refining and Marketing Division. “In addition, we feel the Ergon BioFuels facility will be synergistic with nearby Ergon Refining Inc.’s opportunities for an expanded product base.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form