Ergon buys Bunge North America’s interest in joint venture
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2014
JACKSON — Ergon Inc.’s wholly owned subsidiary, Ergon Ethanol Inc., has acquired Bunge North America Inc.’s interest in and now owns 100 percent of Ergon BioFuels, LLC located in Vicksburg.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Effective Dec. 31, 2013, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg, LLC changed its name to Ergon BioFuels, LLC.
Ergon BioFuels began as a joint venture between Ergon Ethanol, Inc. and Bunge North America in 2007. With an annual throughput capacity of 54-million gallons, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg was one of the largest producers of ethanol in the southeastern United States until operations were suspended in December 2012.
“This transaction allows us to look at alternative feedstocks, as well as how the plant may be used for products beyond traditional ethanol production,” said Don Davis, president of Ergon’s Refining and Marketing Division. “In addition, we feel the Ergon BioFuels facility will be synergistic with nearby Ergon Refining Inc.’s opportunities for an expanded product base.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level