Ergon buys Bunge North America’s interest in joint venture
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2014
JACKSON — Ergon Inc.’s wholly owned subsidiary, Ergon Ethanol Inc., has acquired Bunge North America Inc.’s interest in and now owns 100 percent of Ergon BioFuels, LLC located in Vicksburg.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Effective Dec. 31, 2013, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg, LLC changed its name to Ergon BioFuels, LLC.
Ergon BioFuels began as a joint venture between Ergon Ethanol, Inc. and Bunge North America in 2007. With an annual throughput capacity of 54-million gallons, Bunge-Ergon Vicksburg was one of the largest producers of ethanol in the southeastern United States until operations were suspended in December 2012.
“This transaction allows us to look at alternative feedstocks, as well as how the plant may be used for products beyond traditional ethanol production,” said Don Davis, president of Ergon’s Refining and Marketing Division. “In addition, we feel the Ergon BioFuels facility will be synergistic with nearby Ergon Refining Inc.’s opportunities for an expanded product base.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics