Retired circuit judge dies of illness at 73
by Associated Press
Published: January 3,2014
SUMMIT — Mike Smith of Summit, a retired circuit judge in south Mississippi, has died after a long illness. He was 73.
The Administrative Office of Courts says Smith died Wednesday at Franklin County Hospital in Meadville.
Services are 11 a.m. today at Hartman-Sharkey Funeral Home in McComb, with burial in Union Church cemetery in Jefferson County.
Smith earned his law degree from Jackson School of Law, now called Mississippi College School of Law.
He was Pike County attorney before being elected circuit judge in Lincoln, Pike and Walthall counties in November 1994. He took office in January 1995 and retired in June 2006. He continued hearing cases as a senior status judge.
Survivors include his wife, Lloyd Dean Osborne Smith of Summit; son, Matt; daughter, Angela; a brother and six grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county