Thirty applications received for tourism director position
Published: January 3,2014
BILOXI — Dec. 31 was the deadline to apply for the job to lead South Mississippi’s regional tourism-promotion efforts.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau chairman Rich Westfall tells the Sun Herald the search committee will review the resumes and find the best person.
Westfall says 30 applications for executive director came from across the country and he said the candidates have experience at the local, regional and national levels.
The job has been advertised since November, when former director Beth Carriere resigned.
The position requires five years of management experience in the tourism industry, along with knowledge of booking conventions and large trade shows. The salary is based on experience.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option