Thirty applications received for tourism director position
Published: January 3,2014
BILOXI — Dec. 31 was the deadline to apply for the job to lead South Mississippi’s regional tourism-promotion efforts.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau chairman Rich Westfall tells the Sun Herald the search committee will review the resumes and find the best person.
Westfall says 30 applications for executive director came from across the country and he said the candidates have experience at the local, regional and national levels.
The job has been advertised since November, when former director Beth Carriere resigned.
The position requires five years of management experience in the tourism industry, along with knowledge of booking conventions and large trade shows. The salary is based on experience.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment