Thirty applications received for tourism director position
Published: January 3,2014
BILOXI — Dec. 31 was the deadline to apply for the job to lead South Mississippi’s regional tourism-promotion efforts.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau chairman Rich Westfall tells the Sun Herald the search committee will review the resumes and find the best person.
Westfall says 30 applications for executive director came from across the country and he said the candidates have experience at the local, regional and national levels.
The job has been advertised since November, when former director Beth Carriere resigned.
The position requires five years of management experience in the tourism industry, along with knowledge of booking conventions and large trade shows. The salary is based on experience.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal