Thirty applications received for tourism director position
Published: January 3,2014
BILOXI — Dec. 31 was the deadline to apply for the job to lead South Mississippi’s regional tourism-promotion efforts.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau chairman Rich Westfall tells the Sun Herald the search committee will review the resumes and find the best person.
Westfall says 30 applications for executive director came from across the country and he said the candidates have experience at the local, regional and national levels.
The job has been advertised since November, when former director Beth Carriere resigned.
The position requires five years of management experience in the tourism industry, along with knowledge of booking conventions and large trade shows. The salary is based on experience.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block