Cigna, UMMC hammer out multi-year contract
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
JACKSON — Cigna and the University of Mississippi Medical Center have entered into a multi-year contract that adds UMMC and its employed physicians to Cigna’s network of participating hospitals and doctors.
The agreement became effective Jan. 5.
With this new addition to the network, Cigna customers who receive services from UMMC or its employed doctors’ group practice, University Physicians, will now be covered at the in-network benefit level, according to the terms of their health care benefits plan. Cigna currently serves more than 18,000 customers in the region and nearly 100,000 customers across the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal