Cigna, UMMC hammer out multi-year contract
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
JACKSON — Cigna and the University of Mississippi Medical Center have entered into a multi-year contract that adds UMMC and its employed physicians to Cigna’s network of participating hospitals and doctors.
The agreement became effective Jan. 5.
With this new addition to the network, Cigna customers who receive services from UMMC or its employed doctors’ group practice, University Physicians, will now be covered at the in-network benefit level, according to the terms of their health care benefits plan. Cigna currently serves more than 18,000 customers in the region and nearly 100,000 customers across the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19