Cigna, UMMC hammer out multi-year contract
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
JACKSON — Cigna and the University of Mississippi Medical Center have entered into a multi-year contract that adds UMMC and its employed physicians to Cigna’s network of participating hospitals and doctors.
The agreement became effective Jan. 5.
With this new addition to the network, Cigna customers who receive services from UMMC or its employed doctors’ group practice, University Physicians, will now be covered at the in-network benefit level, according to the terms of their health care benefits plan. Cigna currently serves more than 18,000 customers in the region and nearly 100,000 customers across the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss