Cigna, UMMC hammer out multi-year contract
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
JACKSON — Cigna and the University of Mississippi Medical Center have entered into a multi-year contract that adds UMMC and its employed physicians to Cigna’s network of participating hospitals and doctors.
The agreement became effective Jan. 5.
With this new addition to the network, Cigna customers who receive services from UMMC or its employed doctors’ group practice, University Physicians, will now be covered at the in-network benefit level, according to the terms of their health care benefits plan. Cigna currently serves more than 18,000 customers in the region and nearly 100,000 customers across the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete