Cigna, UMMC hammer out multi-year contract
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
JACKSON — Cigna and the University of Mississippi Medical Center have entered into a multi-year contract that adds UMMC and its employed physicians to Cigna’s network of participating hospitals and doctors.
The agreement became effective Jan. 5.
With this new addition to the network, Cigna customers who receive services from UMMC or its employed doctors’ group practice, University Physicians, will now be covered at the in-network benefit level, according to the terms of their health care benefits plan. Cigna currently serves more than 18,000 customers in the region and nearly 100,000 customers across the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)