Hancock Holding introduces new small cap fund
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
Tags: bank, banking, Burkenroad Small Cap Fund, David Lundgren, finance, financial institution, Greg Hodlewsky, Hancock Holding Company, Hancock Horizon Fund, Hancock Horizon U.S. Small Cap Fund, investment
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company has launched the Hancock Horizon U.S. Small Cap Fund as a new addition to the company’s $2-billion family of mutual funds.
The fund offers investors exposure to a diverse portfolio of small cap stocks and is managed by the same team that oversees the 5-star Morningstar-rated Burkenroad Small Cap Fund.
“Diversification has always been an important component of all investment portfolios, and our new small cap fund will build on the principles we’ve used to create and manage the Burkenroad Small Cap Fund while offering exposure to growing companies across the country,” said Hancock Horizon Fund manager David Lundgren, CFA. “Small cap stocks have great potential, and we see them as an important element of a well-diversified portfolio.”
The new fund will invest in small companies that are positioned to be successful in their respective industries and market sectors, which include energy, industrials, information technology, healthcare, consumer-focused, and others. Fund managers at Hancock Horizon Funds (HHF) said their goal is to create another successful fund modeled after similar funds the financial team has established over the last 13 years.
HHF manager Greg Hodlewsky, CFA, says the strategy the team is using to manage the U.S. Small Cap Fund has been in place for several years for select clients as separately managed accounts.
“We’re not starting from scratch with this new fund,” Hodlewsky said. “We’ve been managing similar small cap portfolios for many of our affluent clients for a very long time. Now all of our clients will have access to a diverse small cap offering that lets investors get in with companies on the ground floor that may become the next Intel or Apple – all start off as small companies.”
Lundgren, who is the Burkenroad Small Cap Fund manager, will also serve as the lead manager on the new U.S. Small Cap Fund, and Hodlewsk — who has managed and developed the strategy behind the separately-managed funds that guided the new fund’s design and approach — will work with Lundgren as a fund manager.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program