Molpus Woodlands buys New York timberland
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
JACKSON — The Molpus Woodlands Group, LLC, a timberland investment management organization, on behalf of a client has purchased approximately 130,659 acres in New York for approximately $57,500,000.
Located in St. Lawrence, Clinton, Franklin and Lewis counties in the north-central part of upstate New York, the property is almost entirely within the boundaries of New York’s Adirondack Park. The property has historically been in timber production and consists mostly of northern hardwoods. Additionally, the property is certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
Ken Sewell, COO of Molpus Timberlands Management, said, “This is a high-quality property supporting a diversity of northern hardwoods that fits well with our client’s investment objectives. We look forward to managing it under the existing conservation easements and continuing the sustainable forestry practices that have been historically demonstrated on this property.”
This acquisition increases Molpus’s total assets under management to more than $1.5 billion with a total acreage of approximately 1,600,000. Molpus currently maintains an office in Saranac Lake, N.Y., to oversee the management of approximately 30,000 acres previously purchased in this area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove