Nissan set new U.S. sales record in 2013
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Nissan reports total U.S. sales for December 2013 of 109,758 units, an increase of 10.5 percent compared to last year. In 2013, Nissan sold 1,248,420 vehicles in the U.S., an increase of 9.4 percent over 2012 and the best annual sales total in Nissan’s history.
Nissan Division set annual records in 2013 for total deliveries, as well as Altima, Rogue, Versa, Pathfinder, LEAF, JUKE and NV.
Rogue crossover sales in December were up 27.8 percent to 14,676 in the first full month of sales of the all-new 2014 model.
All-electric Nissan LEAF sales totaled 2,529, up 69.8 percent and marking the best sales month since the model’s launch in Dec. 2010.
Sentra sales were up more than 39.3 percent to 10,799.
Nissan will unveil the Sports Sedan Concept on Jan. 14 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Fred Diaz, senior vice president, sales & marketing, parts & service, U.S.A., said, “Refreshing the top five volume sellers in the Nissan lineup over the past 18 months drove us to our best sales year in history. Nissan has made key investments to increase local production of key vehicles to North America with a goal of manufacturing 85 percent of our product lineup within the region. With a strong launch for the all-new, U.S.-built 2014 Rogue now underway, we expect to maintain our strong sales momentum as we roll into 2014.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue