Nissan set new U.S. sales record in 2013
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2014
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Nissan reports total U.S. sales for December 2013 of 109,758 units, an increase of 10.5 percent compared to last year. In 2013, Nissan sold 1,248,420 vehicles in the U.S., an increase of 9.4 percent over 2012 and the best annual sales total in Nissan’s history.
Nissan Division set annual records in 2013 for total deliveries, as well as Altima, Rogue, Versa, Pathfinder, LEAF, JUKE and NV.
Rogue crossover sales in December were up 27.8 percent to 14,676 in the first full month of sales of the all-new 2014 model.
All-electric Nissan LEAF sales totaled 2,529, up 69.8 percent and marking the best sales month since the model’s launch in Dec. 2010.
Sentra sales were up more than 39.3 percent to 10,799.
Nissan will unveil the Sports Sedan Concept on Jan. 14 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Fred Diaz, senior vice president, sales & marketing, parts & service, U.S.A., said, “Refreshing the top five volume sellers in the Nissan lineup over the past 18 months drove us to our best sales year in history. Nissan has made key investments to increase local production of key vehicles to North America with a goal of manufacturing 85 percent of our product lineup within the region. With a strong launch for the all-new, U.S.-built 2014 Rogue now underway, we expect to maintain our strong sales momentum as we roll into 2014.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody