Ex-Vicksburg mayor reports to federal prison in Florida
Published: January 8,2014
VICKSBURG — Former Vicksburg mayor Paul Winfield has reported to a federal prison to begin serving about two years in a federal bribery case.
Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman Chris Burke says the 40-year-old Winfield arrived Monday at a minimum security prison in Pensacola, Fla.
Winfield, a Democrat, was arrested by the FBI at his house on Feb. 20 in the last year of his first term.
Winfield sought a second term, but lost the Democratic primary in May.
He pleaded guilty in September to seeking $10,000 in cash in exchange for a city contract.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease