Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs acquires firm; grows to 200 attorneys
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2014
Tags: acquisition, attorney, Barfield & Associates, David A. Barfield, Jim Pettis, Kimberly P. Mangum, Lara Ashley Coleman, law, law firm, lawyer, legal, merger, Steven L. Lacey, Wyatt Tarrant & Combs
JACKSON — Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs LLP has acquired Barfield & Associates, a full-service Jackson-based law firm, in a move that creates one of the largest law firms in the Jackson area and more than 200 attorneys in four states.
Joining Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs’ Litigation and Dispute Resolution service team are: David A. Barfield, who concentrates his practice in the areas of toxic torts, mass torts, product liability, insurance defense, professional liability, and business litigation; Lara Ashley Coleman, who concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance defense, professional liability and business litigation; Kimberly P. Mangum, who concentrates her practice in the areas of general civil litigation, toxic torts, product liability, business litigation and insurance defense; and Steven L. Lacey, who concentrates his practice in the areas of general civil litigation, government entity defense and insurance defense.
Jim Pettis, partner-in-charge of Wyatt’s Jackson office, called the acquisition “an excellent fit.’’
“The addition of these highly talented lawyers contributes to Wyatt’s reputation of legal excellence in Mississippi, and it broadens our team of experienced lawyers in more than 30 service areas and certainly adds to our legal fire power,” Pettis said.
Barfield said that Wyatt’s interest in expanding its litigation team made the acquisition an easy decision for himself and his partners.
“The sheer depth of Wyatt’s experience and expertise allows us to offer our clients so many more resources across the legal spectrum. It’s an exciting opportunity for us and for the people and businesses in the Jackson area, especially those in need of top- quality legal assistance.’’
Wyatt is a full-service regional law firm with 200 lawyers and offices in Jackson; Memphis and Nashville, Tenn.; Louisville and Lexington, Ky.; and New Albany, Ind.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study