Hospital to merge with larger health care network
by Associated Press
Published: January 9,2014
NATCHEZ — The shareholders of Natchez Community Hospital’s parent company voted overwhelmingly yesterday to merge with a larger health care network.
While the vote means NCH will have new owners, hospital officials said it will mean very little in the way of change for the hospital.
The Natchez Democrat reports shareholders with Health Management Associates — NCH’s parent company — approved a proposed merger with Community Health Systems with 98.7 percent of votes cast in favor of the agreement.
NCH chief executive officer Eric Robinson said the company did not anticipate the merger would affect any of the operations on the ground at any of its hospitals.
HMA and its affiliates own and manage 71 hospitals in 15 states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!