Hospital to merge with larger health care network
Published: January 9,2014
NATCHEZ — The shareholders of Natchez Community Hospital’s parent company voted overwhelmingly yesterday to merge with a larger health care network.
While the vote means NCH will have new owners, hospital officials said it will mean very little in the way of change for the hospital.
The Natchez Democrat reports shareholders with Health Management Associates — NCH’s parent company — approved a proposed merger with Community Health Systems with 98.7 percent of votes cast in favor of the agreement.
NCH chief executive officer Eric Robinson said the company did not anticipate the merger would affect any of the operations on the ground at any of its hospitals.
HMA and its affiliates own and manage 71 hospitals in 15 states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur