Hospital to merge with larger health care network
Published: January 9,2014
NATCHEZ — The shareholders of Natchez Community Hospital’s parent company voted overwhelmingly yesterday to merge with a larger health care network.
While the vote means NCH will have new owners, hospital officials said it will mean very little in the way of change for the hospital.
The Natchez Democrat reports shareholders with Health Management Associates — NCH’s parent company — approved a proposed merger with Community Health Systems with 98.7 percent of votes cast in favor of the agreement.
NCH chief executive officer Eric Robinson said the company did not anticipate the merger would affect any of the operations on the ground at any of its hospitals.
HMA and its affiliates own and manage 71 hospitals in 15 states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November