Hospital to merge with larger health care network
Published: January 9,2014
NATCHEZ — The shareholders of Natchez Community Hospital’s parent company voted overwhelmingly yesterday to merge with a larger health care network.
While the vote means NCH will have new owners, hospital officials said it will mean very little in the way of change for the hospital.
The Natchez Democrat reports shareholders with Health Management Associates — NCH’s parent company — approved a proposed merger with Community Health Systems with 98.7 percent of votes cast in favor of the agreement.
NCH chief executive officer Eric Robinson said the company did not anticipate the merger would affect any of the operations on the ground at any of its hospitals.
HMA and its affiliates own and manage 71 hospitals in 15 states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that