Wide loads to begin moving across state today
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 10,2014
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Bennett Motor Express.
Bennett will move two super loads along an approved route from Pascagoula to the Georgia Pacific plant. Both loads are 25 feet wide, meet the legal height of under 13 and a half feet and are 81 feet long. The loads have a gross weight of 134,000 pounds and will be accompanied by local law enforcement and civilian escorts. The loads will also be spaced approximately one hour apart from each other.
The loads will move along the following approved route. Highway 611, U.S. Highway 90, Interstate 10, Highway 67, U.S. Highway 49, U.S. Highway 98, Interstate 59, U.S. Highway 98, Highway 24 and Highway 33 to the Georgia Pacific plant.
The move will begin this morning and will continue until they reach the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs