Wide loads to begin moving across state today
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 10,2014
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has issued a wide load permit to Bennett Motor Express.
Bennett will move two super loads along an approved route from Pascagoula to the Georgia Pacific plant. Both loads are 25 feet wide, meet the legal height of under 13 and a half feet and are 81 feet long. The loads have a gross weight of 134,000 pounds and will be accompanied by local law enforcement and civilian escorts. The loads will also be spaced approximately one hour apart from each other.
The loads will move along the following approved route. Highway 611, U.S. Highway 90, Interstate 10, Highway 67, U.S. Highway 49, U.S. Highway 98, Interstate 59, U.S. Highway 98, Highway 24 and Highway 33 to the Georgia Pacific plant.
The move will begin this morning and will continue until they reach the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19