B&K shareholders agree to merger with Home Bancorp
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 13,2014
Tags: acquisition, bank, banking, Britton & Koontz Bank, Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation, finance, financial institution, Home Bancorp Inc., merger, publicly traded company, shareholder, W. Page Ogden
NATCHEZ — Shareholders of Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation, the parent company of Britton & Koontz Bank, N.A., have approved the merger of the company with and into Home Bancorp Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
W. Page Ogden, president and CEO of B&K Capital, said, “We are pleased that our shareholders have overwhelmingly approved the merger and look forward to serving our communities with the combined resources of Home Bank and Britton & Koontz Bank.”
Britton & Koontz Capital Corporation operates three full-service offices in Natchez, two in Vicksburg, three in Baton Rouge, La., and a loan production office in Central, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste