Shooting begins in Jackson for biopic on James Brown
Published: January 13,2014
JACKSON — Filming is underway in Jackson for the James Brown biopic “Get On Up.”
Extras arrived last week at Thalia Mara Hall, where they were transformed into fans from concert scenes in various time periods.
Details of the productions are being kept under wraps, but Trish Hoffman, executive producer of the film, said filming is going great.
Hoffman tells The Clarion-Ledger with another two and a half weeks of filming left, Jacksonians can expect to feel the film crew’s presence more and more.
Capitol Street, several Jackson restaurants and the Mississippi Coliseum are a few locations where filming is planned.
“Get On Up” began filming in Natchez in November and picked up in Jackson this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- New Orleans congestion keeps Chiquita Gulfport port
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- More money needed to get Biloxi baseball stadium open on time
- Cox won't seek a second term as Greenville mayor
- Mississippi auto parts workers in union drive plan protest
- Gunn to seek phaseout of personal income tax