Shooting begins in Jackson for biopic on James Brown
Published: January 13,2014
JACKSON — Filming is underway in Jackson for the James Brown biopic “Get On Up.”
Extras arrived last week at Thalia Mara Hall, where they were transformed into fans from concert scenes in various time periods.
Details of the productions are being kept under wraps, but Trish Hoffman, executive producer of the film, said filming is going great.
Hoffman tells The Clarion-Ledger with another two and a half weeks of filming left, Jacksonians can expect to feel the film crew’s presence more and more.
Capitol Street, several Jackson restaurants and the Mississippi Coliseum are a few locations where filming is planned.
“Get On Up” began filming in Natchez in November and picked up in Jackson this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62