Shooting begins in Jackson for biopic on James Brown
Published: January 13,2014
JACKSON — Filming is underway in Jackson for the James Brown biopic “Get On Up.”
Extras arrived last week at Thalia Mara Hall, where they were transformed into fans from concert scenes in various time periods.
Details of the productions are being kept under wraps, but Trish Hoffman, executive producer of the film, said filming is going great.
Hoffman tells The Clarion-Ledger with another two and a half weeks of filming left, Jacksonians can expect to feel the film crew’s presence more and more.
Capitol Street, several Jackson restaurants and the Mississippi Coliseum are a few locations where filming is planned.
“Get On Up” began filming in Natchez in November and picked up in Jackson this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center