Shooting begins in Jackson for biopic on James Brown
Published: January 13,2014
JACKSON — Filming is underway in Jackson for the James Brown biopic “Get On Up.”
Extras arrived last week at Thalia Mara Hall, where they were transformed into fans from concert scenes in various time periods.
Details of the productions are being kept under wraps, but Trish Hoffman, executive producer of the film, said filming is going great.
Hoffman tells The Clarion-Ledger with another two and a half weeks of filming left, Jacksonians can expect to feel the film crew’s presence more and more.
Capitol Street, several Jackson restaurants and the Mississippi Coliseum are a few locations where filming is planned.
“Get On Up” began filming in Natchez in November and picked up in Jackson this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders