Shooting begins in Jackson for biopic on James Brown
Published: January 13,2014
JACKSON — Filming is underway in Jackson for the James Brown biopic “Get On Up.”
Extras arrived last week at Thalia Mara Hall, where they were transformed into fans from concert scenes in various time periods.
Details of the productions are being kept under wraps, but Trish Hoffman, executive producer of the film, said filming is going great.
Hoffman tells The Clarion-Ledger with another two and a half weeks of filming left, Jacksonians can expect to feel the film crew’s presence more and more.
Capitol Street, several Jackson restaurants and the Mississippi Coliseum are a few locations where filming is planned.
“Get On Up” began filming in Natchez in November and picked up in Jackson this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years