Signet to invest $7.2M in infrastructure improvements
by Associated Press
Published: January 14,2014
PASCAGOULA — Signet Maritime Corp. is investing $7.2 million in infrastructure improvements at its Pascagoula shipyard, Signet Shipbuilding & Repair.
The company says in a news release that the improvements will support an increased workload and future growth.
Improvements will include a 150-ton crawler crane, dredging and renewal of a 1,000-foot waterfront bulkhead, a new fabrication shop, an expanded drydock and concrete base for vessel repairs and an improved sand blasting and painting area.
SS&R specializes in the new construction, repair, maintenance and refurbishment of tugs, work boats and barges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip