Signet to invest $7.2M in infrastructure improvements
Published: January 14,2014
PASCAGOULA — Signet Maritime Corp. is investing $7.2 million in infrastructure improvements at its Pascagoula shipyard, Signet Shipbuilding & Repair.
The company says in a news release that the improvements will support an increased workload and future growth.
Improvements will include a 150-ton crawler crane, dredging and renewal of a 1,000-foot waterfront bulkhead, a new fabrication shop, an expanded drydock and concrete base for vessel repairs and an improved sand blasting and painting area.
SS&R specializes in the new construction, repair, maintenance and refurbishment of tugs, work boats and barges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics