Signet to invest $7.2M in infrastructure improvements
Published: January 14,2014
PASCAGOULA — Signet Maritime Corp. is investing $7.2 million in infrastructure improvements at its Pascagoula shipyard, Signet Shipbuilding & Repair.
The company says in a news release that the improvements will support an increased workload and future growth.
Improvements will include a 150-ton crawler crane, dredging and renewal of a 1,000-foot waterfront bulkhead, a new fabrication shop, an expanded drydock and concrete base for vessel repairs and an improved sand blasting and painting area.
SS&R specializes in the new construction, repair, maintenance and refurbishment of tugs, work boats and barges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'