City, company at odds over payments
Published: January 15,2014
NATCHEZ — The city of Natchez and Waste Pro USA are working to solve a $126,000 problem.
The Natchez Democrat reports the city apparently owes Waste Pro, the company it contracts with for trash collection and disposal, because the city has been underpaying its monthly payments since July.
Mayor Butch Brown said yesterday at the board of aldermen’s finance meeting that the city has been making payments based on the schedule outlined in the former contract it had with Waste Pro and not the current one, which began July 1.
Waste Pro Division Manager Doug Atkins said the company discovered two or three months ago that the city had not been paying the proper amount. The discovery came after the company established a Miss-Lou Division and increased personnel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location