City, company at odds over payments
Published: January 15,2014
NATCHEZ — The city of Natchez and Waste Pro USA are working to solve a $126,000 problem.
The Natchez Democrat reports the city apparently owes Waste Pro, the company it contracts with for trash collection and disposal, because the city has been underpaying its monthly payments since July.
Mayor Butch Brown said yesterday at the board of aldermen’s finance meeting that the city has been making payments based on the schedule outlined in the former contract it had with Waste Pro and not the current one, which began July 1.
Waste Pro Division Manager Doug Atkins said the company discovered two or three months ago that the city had not been paying the proper amount. The discovery came after the company established a Miss-Lou Division and increased personnel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders