City, company at odds over payments
by Associated Press
Published: January 15,2014
NATCHEZ — The city of Natchez and Waste Pro USA are working to solve a $126,000 problem.
The Natchez Democrat reports the city apparently owes Waste Pro, the company it contracts with for trash collection and disposal, because the city has been underpaying its monthly payments since July.
Mayor Butch Brown said yesterday at the board of aldermen’s finance meeting that the city has been making payments based on the schedule outlined in the former contract it had with Waste Pro and not the current one, which began July 1.
Waste Pro Division Manager Doug Atkins said the company discovered two or three months ago that the city had not been paying the proper amount. The discovery came after the company established a Miss-Lou Division and increased personnel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast