Citizens Bank promotes Travis Moore and Brandon Sherwood
by Ross Reily
Published: January 16,2014
Travis B. Moore, who has most recently served as Gulf Coast president of The Citizens Banks, has been named regional president of the bank. Moore will assume the position on the retirement of current regional president Todd Mixon in February 2014 and will relocate from his office in Biloxi to the bank’s Hattiesburg location.
Moore has been active in a host of civic and economic development organizations throughout the region. He serves as Kiwanis lieutenant governor and as president of Kiwanis Division 14 Foundation. He serves on the board of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight, Home Builders Associations of the Mississippi Coast and LaMissWTenn Kiwanis District Foundation. Moore also serves as co-chair of the Honor Flight Junior Guardian Program, tournament director of the Carl Legett Memorial Fishing Tournament and is a member of the Gulf Coast Business Council. In addition, Moore is a member of First Baptist Church, Gulfport, where he serves as a deacon.
He holds three degrees from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of the Gulf Coast Masters Leadership Program, DeSoto Leadership Program and Southeastern Commercial Lending School, conducted at Vanderbilt University. Moore has previously been named as one of Mississippi’s “Top 40 Under 40” by the Mississippi Business Journal.
Also, Brandon Sherwood has been named president of the bank’s Gulf Coast Division.
Sherwood has most recently served as vice president and senior commercial lending officer for the bank in Biloxi.
Sherwood is a certified minister with the Assemblies of God and currently serves as the Young Adult Pastor for Cedar Lake Christian Assembly. He has served in youth ministry for more than a decade. In addition, he is a member of Kiwanis and has served as president of Coast Commerce Networking.
A graduate of Mississippi State University, he and his wife, Missy, have four children: Winston, Reed, Braxton and the late Lexi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation