Dr. Barbara Lowe honored as a debate teacher
The Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) has named Oxford High School English and debate teacher Dr. Barbara Lowe as the 2013-2014 MHSAA Outstanding Speech, Debate and Theatre Educator of the Year. Lowe has been teaching English and debate classes at Oxford High School since 2004 with an additional 22 years as an educator in other school districts and educational programs. Lowe currently teaches English I/Compensatory Reading and Debate I, II and III courses at Oxford High School.
Lowe received a bachelor of arts in English from Tulane University, a master of arts in children’s literature from Simmons College in Boston,and a doctoral degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation