Dr. Barbara Lowe honored as a debate teacher
The Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) has named Oxford High School English and debate teacher Dr. Barbara Lowe as the 2013-2014 MHSAA Outstanding Speech, Debate and Theatre Educator of the Year. Lowe has been teaching English and debate classes at Oxford High School since 2004 with an additional 22 years as an educator in other school districts and educational programs. Lowe currently teaches English I/Compensatory Reading and Debate I, II and III courses at Oxford High School.
Lowe received a bachelor of arts in English from Tulane University, a master of arts in children’s literature from Simmons College in Boston,and a doctoral degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy