Dr. Barbara Lowe honored as a debate teacher
The Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) has named Oxford High School English and debate teacher Dr. Barbara Lowe as the 2013-2014 MHSAA Outstanding Speech, Debate and Theatre Educator of the Year. Lowe has been teaching English and debate classes at Oxford High School since 2004 with an additional 22 years as an educator in other school districts and educational programs. Lowe currently teaches English I/Compensatory Reading and Debate I, II and III courses at Oxford High School.
Lowe received a bachelor of arts in English from Tulane University, a master of arts in children’s literature from Simmons College in Boston,and a doctoral degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)