Dr. Barbara Lowe honored as a debate teacher
The Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) has named Oxford High School English and debate teacher Dr. Barbara Lowe as the 2013-2014 MHSAA Outstanding Speech, Debate and Theatre Educator of the Year. Lowe has been teaching English and debate classes at Oxford High School since 2004 with an additional 22 years as an educator in other school districts and educational programs. Lowe currently teaches English I/Compensatory Reading and Debate I, II and III courses at Oxford High School.
Lowe received a bachelor of arts in English from Tulane University, a master of arts in children’s literature from Simmons College in Boston,and a doctoral degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue