Dr. Barbara Lowe honored as a debate teacher
The Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) has named Oxford High School English and debate teacher Dr. Barbara Lowe as the 2013-2014 MHSAA Outstanding Speech, Debate and Theatre Educator of the Year. Lowe has been teaching English and debate classes at Oxford High School since 2004 with an additional 22 years as an educator in other school districts and educational programs. Lowe currently teaches English I/Compensatory Reading and Debate I, II and III courses at Oxford High School.
Lowe received a bachelor of arts in English from Tulane University, a master of arts in children’s literature from Simmons College in Boston,and a doctoral degree in English from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals