Fire that destroyed city shop ruled an accident
Published: January 16,2014
JACKSON — Fire authorities in Jackson have ruled that a fire that destroyed the city’s maintenance shop Jan. 9 started by accident.
Investigators tell WAPT-TV they believe the fire at the Jefferson Street building began in the electrical wiring of an exhaust fan, then was fueled by paint and other materials stored there.
No one was in the building when the fire broke out and no injuries were reported.
It took more than 40 firefighters about two hours to put out the blaze. The building was declared a total loss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters