Jay McCurdy joins MSU Extension Service, Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2014
Jay McCurdy has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service and Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station as the state’s new turf specialist. McCurdy is a native of Dyer, Tenn. He worked on his family’s farm, where they raised row crops, cattle and sod. He also has experience working as a golf course superintendent in Hong Kong.
McCurdy earned a master’s degree in plant sciences from the University of Tennessee. He recently received a doctorate in agronomy and soils from Auburn University, where he studied turf grass weed control, herbicide resistance and low maintenance, biologically diverse turf systems.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics