Jay McCurdy joins MSU Extension Service, Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2014
Jay McCurdy has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service and Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station as the state’s new turf specialist. McCurdy is a native of Dyer, Tenn. He worked on his family’s farm, where they raised row crops, cattle and sod. He also has experience working as a golf course superintendent in Hong Kong.
McCurdy earned a master’s degree in plant sciences from the University of Tennessee. He recently received a doctorate in agronomy and soils from Auburn University, where he studied turf grass weed control, herbicide resistance and low maintenance, biologically diverse turf systems.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags