Jay McCurdy joins MSU Extension Service, Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 16,2014
Jay McCurdy has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service and Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station as the state’s new turf specialist. McCurdy is a native of Dyer, Tenn. He worked on his family’s farm, where they raised row crops, cattle and sod. He also has experience working as a golf course superintendent in Hong Kong.
McCurdy earned a master’s degree in plant sciences from the University of Tennessee. He recently received a doctorate in agronomy and soils from Auburn University, where he studied turf grass weed control, herbicide resistance and low maintenance, biologically diverse turf systems.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case