MSWTC recognizes USM’s Mark Miller
Dr. Mark Miller, professor in the University of Southern Mississippi’s Department of Geography and Geology, has been selected as the recipient of the Mississippi World Trade Center’s (MSWTC) 2013 “Excellence in International Education Award.” According to MSWTC, the selection was based on Miller’s “long-standing history of active participation and support of the organization’s mission, programs and services.”
Miller’s work at Southern Miss focuses on regional economic development, and his teaching spans a wide range of geography and economic development courses. He has been active in international education since 1988, taking hundreds of students to Jamaica, Cuba and Belize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal