MSWTC recognizes USM’s Mark Miller
Dr. Mark Miller, professor in the University of Southern Mississippi’s Department of Geography and Geology, has been selected as the recipient of the Mississippi World Trade Center’s (MSWTC) 2013 “Excellence in International Education Award.” According to MSWTC, the selection was based on Miller’s “long-standing history of active participation and support of the organization’s mission, programs and services.”
Miller’s work at Southern Miss focuses on regional economic development, and his teaching spans a wide range of geography and economic development courses. He has been active in international education since 1988, taking hundreds of students to Jamaica, Cuba and Belize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity