MSWTC recognizes USM’s Mark Miller
Dr. Mark Miller, professor in the University of Southern Mississippi’s Department of Geography and Geology, has been selected as the recipient of the Mississippi World Trade Center’s (MSWTC) 2013 “Excellence in International Education Award.” According to MSWTC, the selection was based on Miller’s “long-standing history of active participation and support of the organization’s mission, programs and services.”
Miller’s work at Southern Miss focuses on regional economic development, and his teaching spans a wide range of geography and economic development courses. He has been active in international education since 1988, taking hundreds of students to Jamaica, Cuba and Belize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar