MSWTC recognizes USM’s Mark Miller
Dr. Mark Miller, professor in the University of Southern Mississippi’s Department of Geography and Geology, has been selected as the recipient of the Mississippi World Trade Center’s (MSWTC) 2013 “Excellence in International Education Award.” According to MSWTC, the selection was based on Miller’s “long-standing history of active participation and support of the organization’s mission, programs and services.”
Miller’s work at Southern Miss focuses on regional economic development, and his teaching spans a wide range of geography and economic development courses. He has been active in international education since 1988, taking hundreds of students to Jamaica, Cuba and Belize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House