Ground to be broken next week for baseball stadium
Published: January 17,2014
BILOXI — City of Biloxi officials will break ground next week on their new downtown baseball stadium.
Mayor A.J. Holloway tells The Sun Herald Gov. Phil Bryant is expected to be on hand for the ceremony on Thursday.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
During a special meeting Tuesday, architects and engineers will provide the Biloxi City Council with details of the construction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ground to be broken next week for baseball stadium”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015