Ground to be broken next week for baseball stadium
Published: January 17,2014
BILOXI — City of Biloxi officials will break ground next week on their new downtown baseball stadium.
Mayor A.J. Holloway tells The Sun Herald Gov. Phil Bryant is expected to be on hand for the ceremony on Thursday.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
During a special meeting Tuesday, architects and engineers will provide the Biloxi City Council with details of the construction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ground to be broken next week for baseball stadium”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities