Ground to be broken next week for baseball stadium
Published: January 17,2014
BILOXI — City of Biloxi officials will break ground next week on their new downtown baseball stadium.
Mayor A.J. Holloway tells The Sun Herald Gov. Phil Bryant is expected to be on hand for the ceremony on Thursday.
A group led by Ken Young bought the Class AA Huntsville Stars and the team will move to Biloxi when the stadium opens in 2015.
During a special meeting Tuesday, architects and engineers will provide the Biloxi City Council with details of the construction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Ground to be broken next week for baseball stadium”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company