Great Southern National Bank names Jeff McCoy president and CEO
Jeff McCoy has been named by the board of directors of Great Southern National Bank as president and CEO. McCoy joined the bank in July 2012 as president and COO.
A native of DeKalb, McCoy earned a bachelor of science degree in banking and finance from Mississippi State University in Starkville and began his financial career working as an assistant bank examiner for the FDIC in 1976. He graduated from LSU School of Banking, Baton Rouge in 1985 and has over 34 years of banking experience in East Mississippi.
McCoy is a member of the Kiwanis Club and serves on the Choctaw Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America executive board. He is also board member of the Meridian Community College Foundation, East Mississippi Business Development Corporation and member of the MSU-Meridian Advisory Council. In addition, McCoy is chairman of the East Central Planning and Development District Loan Committee.
McCoy and his wife, Ethel Ann, have two children, Leah Lack (Josh) and Kyle McCoy (Angie), and one grandson, Jonah McCoy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain