Great Southern National Bank names Jeff McCoy president and CEO
Jeff McCoy has been named by the board of directors of Great Southern National Bank as president and CEO. McCoy joined the bank in July 2012 as president and COO.
A native of DeKalb, McCoy earned a bachelor of science degree in banking and finance from Mississippi State University in Starkville and began his financial career working as an assistant bank examiner for the FDIC in 1976. He graduated from LSU School of Banking, Baton Rouge in 1985 and has over 34 years of banking experience in East Mississippi.
McCoy is a member of the Kiwanis Club and serves on the Choctaw Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America executive board. He is also board member of the Meridian Community College Foundation, East Mississippi Business Development Corporation and member of the MSU-Meridian Advisory Council. In addition, McCoy is chairman of the East Central Planning and Development District Loan Committee.
McCoy and his wife, Ethel Ann, have two children, Leah Lack (Josh) and Kyle McCoy (Angie), and one grandson, Jonah McCoy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste