Great Southern National Bank names Jeff McCoy president and CEO
Jeff McCoy has been named by the board of directors of Great Southern National Bank as president and CEO. McCoy joined the bank in July 2012 as president and COO.
A native of DeKalb, McCoy earned a bachelor of science degree in banking and finance from Mississippi State University in Starkville and began his financial career working as an assistant bank examiner for the FDIC in 1976. He graduated from LSU School of Banking, Baton Rouge in 1985 and has over 34 years of banking experience in East Mississippi.
McCoy is a member of the Kiwanis Club and serves on the Choctaw Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America executive board. He is also board member of the Meridian Community College Foundation, East Mississippi Business Development Corporation and member of the MSU-Meridian Advisory Council. In addition, McCoy is chairman of the East Central Planning and Development District Loan Committee.
McCoy and his wife, Ethel Ann, have two children, Leah Lack (Josh) and Kyle McCoy (Angie), and one grandson, Jonah McCoy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real